Burano and some Venice

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
You've got some really wonderful photos there, Alf! I can't tell you which are my absolute favorites because I enjoyed seeing them all, however that black and white of what looks like a bride getting ready or a model for a photo shoot is really nice.

Thanks for these - you really visit some of the most interesting and wonderful places! I'm an armchair traveler right now.:wink:

LisaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I really enjoyed your images. Such wonderful color in Burano! What a lovely day, such blue skies, did you use a polarizer? It's a great preview for me. I will be in Venice for 9 days next spring for a photography workshop and I can't wait.

Reactions: BBW

Alf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I didn't use a polarizer, as I couldn't see its effects on screen most of the time - and as the 14-42 rotates on focusing it is quite difficult using one on it.

Reactions: BBW
Very nice set Alf. I missed Murano and Burano on my recent trip - it was just so incredibly hot that after several hours of walking around Venice, we didn't have anything left for the little islands. I've never been to Murano but spent some time on Burano when I was in Venice almost 30 years ago and it was such a beautiful and colorful little island/town. I was sad not to make it back. I have a few old slides form there that I like enough I should get scanned. Your pics are a good reminder of how nice a place it is - maybe they will spur me into action!

-Ray

luguidomanski

Mu-43 Regular
Did you some PP?

Alf, I have been there last June, and loved the place, but it was really hot an sunny as well. My OOC JPEGS were with more punchy colors, and I loved the feel of your pics. Here is a sample of mine:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

What did you do? PP or just some exposure compensation? BTW, I shot with the E-PL1 and kit lens as well.

Miles

Mu-43 Rookie
So Nice Colors in Burano ...

Miles