Burano and some Venice

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Alf, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Meeting family and friends in a nice place, just more than two hours away.

Had a full day of almost blind photography under a huge sun.
    Loved every moment of it - but started thinking of the VF-2...

Olympus M.Zuiko 14-42mm
    14 mm 1/400 sec f/9 ISO200

Click to enlarge and see the rest!
    • Like Like x 4
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

You've got some really wonderful photos there, Alf! I can't tell you which are my absolute favorites because I enjoyed seeing them all, however that black and white of what looks like a bride getting ready or a model for a photo shoot is really nice.

Thanks for these - you really visit some of the most interesting and wonderful places! I'm an armchair traveler right now.:wink:
  3. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    I really enjoyed your images. Such wonderful color in Burano! What a lovely day, such blue skies, did you use a polarizer? It's a great preview for me. I will be in Venice for 9 days next spring for a photography workshop and I can't wait.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    I didn't use a polarizer, as I couldn't see its effects on screen most of the time - and as the 14-42 rotates on focusing it is quite difficult using one on it.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Very nice set Alf. I missed Murano and Burano on my recent trip - it was just so incredibly hot that after several hours of walking around Venice, we didn't have anything left for the little islands. I've never been to Murano but spent some time on Burano when I was in Venice almost 30 years ago and it was such a beautiful and colorful little island/town. I was sad not to make it back. I have a few old slides form there that I like enough I should get scanned. Your pics are a good reminder of how nice a place it is - maybe they will spur me into action!

6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks Alf for these wonderful images. Italy is a great country to visit.
  7. luguidomanski

luguidomanski Mu-43 Regular

Apr 11, 2010
    Curitiba, Brazil
    Did you some PP?

Alf, I have been there last June, and loved the place, but it was really hot an sunny as well. My OOC JPEGS were with more punchy colors, and I loved the feel of your pics. Here is a sample of mine:

What did you do? PP or just some exposure compensation? BTW, I shot with the E-PL1 and kit lens as well.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Miles

Miles Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 1, 2010
    So Nice Colors in Burano ...

• Like Like x 1