1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

[EXPIRED] Bunch "O" Lenes - Bargain Bin Specials

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by Alanroseman, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Folks,

Well, inspired by all the stories from dbuckle etc. I've been hitting the second hand stores... even a few Goodwill stores in the Providence area. Last week I found and sold (for exactly what I paid for it) a big fat zoom lens...

Same deal here. I'm having fun finding them, and it'll be cool to see folks post images from these as well.. Unfortunately, I think the 2nd hand stores ares catching on. They have a box full, then separate everything and want to sell each item individually. The dead give away is that most of these are Pentax "S" mount (screw in) save for the lone Canon 50mm FD. I don't have adapters for any of these... I didn't buy them to shoot them. I bought them so we could have some low cost legacy lenses on the board.

Maximum shipping cost in the USA would be $10.95 for a medium flat rate box. If you're in Canada or Europe... let me know and I'll figure out the shipping for you. I just sent Icon a Rokkor, he's in Australia, it cost a whopping $13.95

So here they are. You pay exactly what I paid... you pay the shipping.. that's it. I'm making exactly the same amount on the lenses as my MU-43 MOD salary..... :smile: I'm having fun though..

The fun will end if you guys don't want these... because my wife will tease me late into (what passes for) summer..

had to "look it up" as we like to say. As advertised, I'm not a Pentax guy..that said, it turns out M42 thread mount isn't a Pentax thing. I didn't want to pass on any misinformation. Here's the story.

The M42 lens mount is a screw thread mounting standard for attaching lenses to 35 mm cameras, primarily single-lens reflex models. It is more accurately known as the M42 × 1 mm standard, which means that it is a metric screw thread of 42 mm diameter and 1 mm thread pitch. It was first used in Zeiss' Contax S of 1949; this East German branch of Zeiss also sold cameras under the Pentacon name; after merger with other East German photographic manufacturers, the name Praktica was used. M42 thread mount cameras first became well-known in Japan under the Praktica brand, and thus the M42 mount is known as the Praktica thread mount there. Since there were no proprietary elements to the M42 mount, many other manufacturers used it; this has led to it being called the Universal thread mount or Universal screw mount by many. The M42 mount was popularized in the United States by Pentax; thus, it is also known as the Pentax thread mount, despite the fact that Pentax did not originate it.

Asahi Super Multi Coated Takumar 28mm f2.8 (S mount) $27.00 SOLD to KSN

Rikenon 50mm f1.7 (Pentax S mount) BONUS WITH THIS LENS :smile:
    $33.00 SOLD to sLorenzi- leaving for RIO tomorrow morning!

Accura Diamatic 35mm f2.8 (Pentax S mount) $16.00 SOLD to Lauzers- Accura heading for Australia!
    (I didn't know Accura made lenses, thought they made expensive Hondas)

I never suspected the Canon would be hanging around competing with the overweight Makinon for the last Mohican title....

Canon FD 50mm f1.8 (FD mount) $19.00 Taking this one down. As nobody wanted it, I bought an adapter and I'll shoot it a little.

Pretty nice looking lens, tiny spot on the front glass.. focus and aperture very smooth. This baby is all steel and glass, make a nice paper weight in a pinch.

The Big Dude Makinon 80-200mm f3.5 Macro Zoom (S mount) $19.00

Ask yourself this question. What if size really does matter? If it does, you win... this baby is big and heavy.....

This lens is big and heavy, you could use it to anchor a quahog skiff. It's smooth though. I'd have to drag it behind me if I used it.... It even comes with a lens case, which can be used to carry a fireplace log if you don't like the lens :smile:

Makinon_80-200mm_Macro_1_.

Makinon_80-200mm_Macro.

• Like Like x 3
  2. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    That's the first time I've every heard anyone use "quahog" outside of Family Guy. :rofl:

3. Alanroseman

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    I surprised anyone noticed...

4. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    oh, that little Ricoh is a dreamboat. If I hadn't already picked up this disease of hoarding old lenses (which often come with free cameras attached), I'd pick up that little beauty for sure.

5. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Mar 6, 2011
    Sent a PM :)

Every time I check a thrift store, they only have old cheap plastic cameras. Someone must be buying them all up here.

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

0   0   0

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    And what else did we find in the recycling stores?

G

7. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Very nice "project" Alan :smile: If I wouldn't be saving for our US trip, I would help you from some of those :smile: I'm also trying my luck in local pawn shops, but without much luck (except for that Jupiter). Either they're selling relatively modern P&S cameras (probably stolen from tourists) or overpriced old lens. There are two big camera shops with used camera stuff in Prague I know of, but in both of them the starting price of any lens is well over $50. Not really worth taking some just for fun.

Someone will be very happy with these. I'm getting in love with my first Canon FD :smile: Not with its adapter though...

8. Alanroseman

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    The Sedin twins...

• Like Like x 2
  9. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

0   0   0

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    ouch ... rub it in

10. rparmar

rparmar Mu-43 Top Veteran

0   0   0

Jun 14, 2011
    Limerick, Ireland
    Pentax is K mount and also M42 with an adapter. Not S mount.

Just FYI.

11. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    im totally feeling it though i would think that luongo would be in the trash instead of the recycling centre. :thumbup: kudos to the better team, and thumbs down for the hooligans ruining our beautiful city. sorry for going ot.... but good luck with the sale, great thing you are doing for the community here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alanroseman

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    These are screw mounts... I have a Pentax PK/K mount... not the same thing. I'm not nor have I ever been a Pentax guy, so no expert here. But, these are screw mount lenses... even the teleconverter says PENTAX "S" mount.

Cheers, Alan

13. Lauzers

Lauzers Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jan 6, 2011
    Alan you've got PM

14. Alanroseman

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hello rparmar,

Thanks for the helpful information!!

I had to "look it up" as we like to say. As advertised, I'm not a Pentax guy..that said, it turns out M42 thread mount isn't a Pentax thing. I didn't want to pass on any misinformation. Here's the story.

The M42 lens mount is a screw thread mounting standard for attaching lenses to 35 mm cameras, primarily single-lens reflex models. It is more accurately known as the M42 × 1 mm standard, which means that it is a metric screw thread of 42 mm diameter and 1 mm thread pitch. It was first used in Zeiss' Contax S of 1949; this East German branch of Zeiss also sold cameras under the Pentacon name; after merger with other East German photographic manufacturers, the name Praktica was used. M42 thread mount cameras first became well-known in Japan under the Praktica brand, and thus the M42 mount is known as the Praktica thread mount there. Since there were no proprietary elements to the M42 mount, many other manufacturers used it; this has led to it being called the Universal thread mount or Universal screw mount by many. The M42 mount was popularized in the United States by Pentax; thus, it is also known as the Pentax thread mount, despite the fact that Pentax did not originate it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei
    PM sent.

16. Alanroseman

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    You're all set, the Ricoh is headed for Rio....tomorrow. Nice place to complete its life!

Cheers, Alan

17. Lauzers

Lauzers Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jan 6, 2011
    Alan, more PM spam from me. :wink:

18. Alanroseman

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Andrew,

Lens is on the way to Australia...... I can't wait to see some pictures from an Accura lens... who knew?

19. Lauzers

Lauzers Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jan 6, 2011
    Thanks mate, appreciate your service! Will send through some shots!

• Like Like x 1