1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Bums Reading Material in Boise Park

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by MrDoug, Mar 15, 2012.

1. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Panny G3/100-300.. the 100-300 is actually a VERY GOOD lens! OOC JPEG's no PP ..
    Took the shot randomly and enlarged it to see clarity and saw this.. (check out the magazine these guys are reading) now you know why unemployment is 8.7% :smile:

P1020076 by MrDoug1, on Flickr
    6839948850_700cbf9560_z.
    P1020076 by MrDoug1, on Flickr

2. Rick Waldroup

Rick Waldroup Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2009
    Texas
    First off, I find the title highly offensive.

If these are indeed bums, as you call them, they are certainly riding some fairly expensive bicycles, if those are indeed their bikes. Sometimes, things are never, ever what they seem to be in a photograph. And then at other times, the photo can show an absolute truth about the subject matter. That is the beauty of photography- you can simply leave the interpretation of the photo to the imagination of the viewer.

And as far as their reading material is concerned, I see no relation between the girly magazine and the current unemployment rate.

3. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Sorry.. my apology.. shessh..

4. Rick Waldroup

May 28, 2009
    Texas
    Actually, you should have left your reply as it was instead of editing it.

I found the remark about the wine bottle in the trash can about as humorous as your title for this shot.

Hey, don't listen to me. I just found the title and subsequent text offensive, that is all. What do I know?

5. Rick Waldroup

May 28, 2009
    Texas
    If these fellows are indeed homeless or street people, which there is no discerning evidence of that in this photo, then they have my sympathy. I have been in their shoes, many years ago. It is a lonely walk.