Discussion in 'Black and White' started by StudioHeraBell, Jun 21, 2011.

1. The photo of today is two shots in one. Many years ago I bought a very old post card in Paris. Few years ago I photographed a photographer's daughter in my studio. I have full signed rights from the mother of the young lady. Her photo was shot with Lumix G1. The final image was created in photoshop. An 11"x17" size canvas sits somewhere in their house as my gift.

My Photo Ramblings: What A Bully Is

• Like Like x 6
  2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Yes, really great superimposition!
    Got a bigger version for us? (It's a bit tiny here)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    The photographer in me says "Great montage!"

The gallery owner says: "Since the caption is part of it, the big studio signature disrupts the composition. It could be part of the caption. It could be centered, too. If not, think of painters: did they sign as wide as one third of the full image width?"
    • Like Like x 1
  4. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    I echo Pan on both counts.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hi Everyone,

I thank the members who commented. I value your opinions. In the original non web version, the signature is very small and only my name on the right bottom side. There is no other text.

Due to Internet, and my images bering listed in google image search engine (because of my Blog) I feel the need to add a large signature, it makes the image pirots think twice. And the regular folk who might add my images to their own Blogs credit me the way I want to be credited.

I will try to find a larger image to show you more details. I am not next to my main computer right now to re-size the original file to upload here.

To me this image has multy layers of symbolism. From the kid's elephant toy that were his dad's childhood toy, the trunck of the elephant representing men, to the young girl being bullied at school, you name it this image carries heavy weight in it meaning. Her parents also are going through an emotional bad divorce.