Bullet Holes

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
Here I was thinking I don't have any pictures of bullet holes, until now when I processed a picture for another thread and realized that there are bullet holes in that sign!
So here is my humble effort.
View attachment 766112
Or is that just salt-rot?
Please show Scandinavian bullet holes. I'm curious to compare clustering.🧿🔫🎯🔫

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
I'm a newbie so I must leave this to an EXPERT. Harvey, does premature withdrawal qualify? Cross posted.

View attachment 801019ves·tige, ABQ by Michael Atwell - Chrome, on Flickr
Only one hole and that seems to be drilled!
What is that, a 5mm angle steel bar? I would think only a very high calibre rifle or a high speed rifle can penetrate that!

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Please show Scandinavian bullet holes. I'm curious to compare clustering.🧿🔫🎯🔫
Scandinavian bullet holes are always tight together, we pride us in making every shot count!

Personally I always go for the body shot, leaving the head shot to the prima-donnas or show-offs. 😎 (On the target range of course, no live targets for me.)

As I said earlier, bullet-holes are only seen in the emergency room in Sweden. (Or the target range, but holes in paper isn't interesting I think.)

Holoholo55

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
I am not a proponent of recreational shooting of signs or stuff like that, nor a gun rights advocate. So, please don't interpret this post as supporting those. But, here are some historic bullet holes from the Pearl Harbor attack in Hanger 79 on Ford Island, part of the Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum.

Bullet holes left by strafing Japanese aircraft on Dec. 7, 1941. It's on the Historic Register so these can't be repaired.
https://www.pearlharboraviationmuseum.org/aboutus/history/

49046717703_f013f92d5e_c.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

49046718223_c88c8f2133_c.jpg

49047477112_b70aed502c_c.jpg

Holoholo55

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
@Holoholo55 I would think that all the "perps" in this thread are only responsible for the photos of the bullet holes, not the holes themselves. ;)
I didn't say they were responsible for the holes. Just saying that my posting photos of bullet holes of historical interest does not imply that I endorse shooting at various and sundry objects. I've seen plenty of signs with bullet holes on the Big Island where hunting is popular. :)

Last edited:

Mountain_Man_79

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Chris

That barrel has been used for target practice more than once.

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Darek
Maybe air rifle pellets also qualifies?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom