1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Bull Run 14-45 kit. vs. MD Rokkor 50mm f1.4

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Alanroseman, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    This is Mrs. Henry's House at Bull Run. Manassas, VA.

The site of two fierce American Civil War Battles.

One is taken with the Panasonic 14-45 kit lens on the G1, the other at a slightly different perspective (sorry) with the MD Rokkor 50mm f1.4.

Mrs. Henry's House 14-45 Kit Zoom

Bull_Run_14-45_Kit.

Mrs. Henry's House MD Rokkor 50mm f1.4

Bull_Run_50mm_f1_4.

• Like Like x 5
  2. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    The Rokkor has a wonderful richness to it. That said, the 14-45 is a great travel lens (very useful set of focal lengths). I wish I still had mine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Hi Alan, the pictures are quite different in colour saturation and tonality. I like the second one best, it's a very moody picture. Is there only a difference in exposure between the two or did you do other things in PP with them?

4. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Ad,

I knew you of all people would like the Rokkor shot best. :smile:

They've both been processed.

I didn't do an OOC Comparo, I just finished them to my eye, and thought it was interesting to see them side by side.

I have some shots for the 50mm 1.4 thread I plan to post a little later... that's usually where I expect to encounter you:smile:

5. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    I woulda said the first one is great seen on its own, but the second one blows it away! Really rich tones.... Sorry I am not sure what techno jargon to use ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

• Like Like x 1
  6. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    It would be interesting to see OOC jpeg comparison with same settings. E.g. with my E-PL2 same images taken with 14-150mm differ substantially from those taken with Pany 20mm. I get noticeably higher contrast and color saturation with panny (not to mention sharpness of course).

7. Alanroseman

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Art,

I'm sorry to say I shoot everything in Camera RAW. The first jpg I get is on export of the file. Though that might be a fun and interesting thing for one to do.

Cheers, Alan