Bulb Mode Live View help

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Luke, May 28, 2012.

1. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Hi all,
    I saw a thunderstorm rolling in and thought I'd try out the Bulb Mode Live View mode on the E-M5. I played with a couple different settings, but couldn't get it figured out. I had it set to M mode for full manual. After I pressed the shutter release I saw a darkened frame (I had closed down the aperture to f22 since there was still a fair amount of ambient light), then I saw a brighter frame and then it seemed like it just stopped. Shouldn't it keep going until I press the shutter release again?

I haven't had time to look for a tutorial and my manual (the joke that it is) is in another room. Does anyone know of a how-to video or a simple menu setting I haven't tried?

2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    OK, I found it. Adjust the shutter speed dial until it reads "Bulb" instead of a speed. Duh!

The T-storm blew right through with no cool strikes. Maybe I'll make a "how-to" video if we get another one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.