Built-in profile for Oly 25mm 1.8

mronen

Mu-43 Regular
Hello,

Just bought an Olympus 25mm 1.8, to use on my E-M5.

Adobe Camera Raw (ACR 8.6) reported it 'it cannot find a Built-in Profile' for the lens. Why? surely it's a modern lens, only came out last year.

Other lenses I have - Oly 12-50, Oly 40-150, Pani 20mm (older version) - are all recognized by ACR, however, an Oly 45mm 1.8 is not recognized. Is it a lens issue, or is it the E-M5?

With a Pani GX7, ACR reports it applied a built-in profile (both for the 25 and 45mm), but I'm not sure it does anything, it doesn't look so.

Can anyone comment on his experience?

Thanks,
Moshe

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
I'm not sure why it might only sometimes indicate it, but because of the unique nature of the m4/3 standard, RAW converters can get the lens profiles directly from the RAW lens data, hence they don't need to have a separate profile installed.
From http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support-lightroom-4.html:
For Panasonic and Olympus cameras, automatic lens profile correction is supported on all raw files from Micro Four Thirds cameras.
For Adobe products, it's a bit limiting in that you can't even opt to turn the auto-correction off in order to trade-off sharpness and distortion. You can clearly tell the difference if you load the RAW in a converter where you can turn the corrections off - some m4/3 lenses have pretty noticeable barrel distortion when uncorrected...

mattia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
DxO makes it's own profiles - and includes more features (lens specific sharpening that works very well). Not everyone gets along with the interface, but I like it.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom