Built-in profile for Oly 25mm 1.8

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by mronen, Oct 13, 2014.

1. mronen

mronen Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2012
    Hello,

Just bought an Olympus 25mm 1.8, to use on my E-M5.

Adobe Camera Raw (ACR 8.6) reported it 'it cannot find a Built-in Profile' for the lens. Why? surely it's a modern lens, only came out last year.

Other lenses I have - Oly 12-50, Oly 40-150, Pani 20mm (older version) - are all recognized by ACR, however, an Oly 45mm 1.8 is not recognized. Is it a lens issue, or is it the E-M5?

With a Pani GX7, ACR reports it applied a built-in profile (both for the 25 and 45mm), but I'm not sure it does anything, it doesn't look so.

Can anyone comment on his experience?

Thanks,
    Moshe

2. I'm not sure why it might only sometimes indicate it, but because of the unique nature of the m4/3 standard, RAW converters can get the lens profiles directly from the RAW lens data, hence they don't need to have a separate profile installed.
    From http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support-lightroom-4.html:
    For Adobe products, it's a bit limiting in that you can't even opt to turn the auto-correction off in order to trade-off sharpness and distortion. You can clearly tell the difference if you load the RAW in a converter where you can turn the corrections off - some m4/3 lenses have pretty noticeable barrel distortion when uncorrected...

3. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    DxO makes it's own profiles - and includes more features (lens specific sharpening that works very well). Not everyone gets along with the interface, but I like it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.