Built in camera WiFi -- Handy tool for street shooters :)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, May 14, 2013.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Guys :smile:
    I am a fan of controlling my camera remotely and always enjoys tethering feature on Canons .Now this thing has gone to a whole new level and in built wi fi seems to be a very very handy tool for street shoots.Imagine u are pretending to see ur phone and ur camera pointed out at any one and shoot via phone screen. Moreover , even for long exposure shots or even when u have to place ur camera at places when u cant stand urself , it will be quite helpful .I am sure you can shoot some interesting street pics this way .Does anyone think the same way?
  2. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

What is the advantage of tethering via WiFI versus an IR or radio remote?

btw... this type of "surveillance" photography IMO is kinda creepy. I can see its uses but what makes good photos is the attention to details in a very dynamic environment. Sometimes this also means interacting not just sneaking around with your subjects.
  3. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    For street photography you still need to point the camera in the right direction, so I don't see any advantage in triggering the shutter remotely compared to using a touchscreen on the camera itself.