1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Built in camera WiFi -- Handy tool for street shooters :)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, May 14, 2013.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Guys :smile:
    I am a fan of controlling my camera remotely and always enjoys tethering feature on Canons .Now this thing has gone to a whole new level and in built wi fi seems to be a very very handy tool for street shoots.Imagine u are pretending to see ur phone and ur camera pointed out at any one and shoot via phone screen. Moreover , even for long exposure shots or even when u have to place ur camera at places when u cant stand urself , it will be quite helpful .I am sure you can shoot some interesting street pics this way .Does anyone think the same way?
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

2. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

What is the advantage of tethering via WiFI versus an IR or radio remote?

btw... this type of "surveillance" photography IMO is kinda creepy. I can see its uses but what makes good photos is the attention to details in a very dynamic environment. Sometimes this also means interacting not just sneaking around with your subjects.

3. For street photography you still need to point the camera in the right direction, so I don't see any advantage in triggering the shutter remotely compared to using a touchscreen on the camera itself.