1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Build your own wireless remote

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Wasabi Bob, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

I've noticed a few mentions of people showing interest in the wired remote used with Panasonic's "G" series cameras. While Panasonic offered three different wired remotes, essentially they are all the same. A few years ago I built a wireless version using a two channel RF transmitter and receiver purchased from a Chinese dealer on EBAY. The range is well over 500 ft. The project is easy as long as you have some basic electronic skills and understanding. The receiver was placed in a small plastic box. The completed remote is powered by a battery also inside the box.

The wireless controller is connected to your camera using a cord that Nokia also uses on their older cell phones for the remote ear piece. I found them at my local "Dollar Store". Just cut off the ear piece and you've got a prewired cord with the right plug.

The resistors shown in the schematic below are connected to the relays on the wireless received. The relay take place of the two momentary buttons on the hand held remote version.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/wasabi_bob/5472323149/" title="FZ WIRED WIRING by Wasabi Bob, on Flickr"> 5472323149_facff353b7_z. "640" height="436" alt="FZ WIRED WIRING" /></a>

The remote can be purchased from EBAY for $10.80 + postage. Mine was ordered and delivery took about 5-7 days.

2CH Momentary RF Wireless Radio TX TCW200-2 & RX RR2-M - eBay (item 300365319191 end time Mar-04-11 07:21:28 PST)

I'll be happy to try and answer any questions you may have. This circuit works with any Panasonic "G" or "FZ" series camera that offers a remote connector.

• Like Like x 1