1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Budget Leica M adapter ?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by dee, Oct 19, 2010.

1. dee

dee Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 18, 2010
    London Far South
    Does anyone use a budget Leica M adapter to G1 etc ?
    I have seen widely varying prices from £30 odd , Uk , to £120 , which concerns me a little .
    I would be using a Leica M to Contax RF adapter , double mounted , hence my concern .
    Thanks
    dee

2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Whilst I've no experience of the Leica M adapter, I've got 2 Leica screw adapters, one from Germany at about £60, the other from Hong Kong at about £20 and I can't detect a difference in workmanship, except the cheaper one is actually marginally heavier.

Barrie

3. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    M Leica adapter - I have both the RJ one from China and the "official" CV one "made in Japan".

Both very similar - the CV is better made but not that it is really noticeable

I am happy with either

4. dee

dee Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 18, 2010
    London Far South
    Thanks , the RJ one will suit me fine as the Contax Rf to Leica M is beautiful but expensive !

5. Amedeo Muscelli

Amedeo Muscelli New to Mu-43

Oct 20, 2010
    Hello Dee,
    You can find on ebay adapters for to mount directly Contax RF to Micro 4/3 bodies.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.