Budget graphic tablet.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rich00, May 3, 2012.

1. rich00

rich00 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a budget graphics tablet for post processing. Just finding a mouse a little fiddly and I have a bit of RSI in my wrist.

2. Geoff3DMN

Geoff3DMN Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    I have arthritis in my right hand (possibly related to a motorbike accident I had when I was younger) and so I use a Wacom tablet. I'd have liked one of the larger semi-professional models but like many people I've got budget constraints when it comes to my photography hobby so I bought a Wacom Bamboo medium sized tablet (the Bamboo range is aimed at home users).

It's been totally reliable.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I was just going to suggest the Bamboo. When on sale, they are dirt cheap. I got mine for $35.
  4. rich00

rich00 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Wow that's cheap !!! How do you fin out about the sales ?
  5. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Ditto on the bamboo. Most larger semi-pro models are intended for people actually drawing illustrations. Photo editing is less demanding, and a smaller size isn't a problem.

6. rich00

rich00 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Ok, is the bamboo pen ok ?- model ctl 470.
  7. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Wacom Bamboo Fun is great.
  8. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yes, Bamboo Pen is fine. That's the part that you need.

Bamboo Pen + Touch is what I get, but only because the tablet is the ONLY pointing device I use so it's useful to have the touch pad for my laptop when I don't want to reach for the Pen just to move the cursor while using the keyboard. The touch function is not what the tablet is about though, the pen function is.
  9. rich00

rich00 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be getting a bamboo connect.