1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Buachaille Etive Mòr

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Glenn S, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Panasonic G1 with 14-45 lens
    P1040135.

• Like Like x 14
  2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Glenn,
    A beautiful subject well handled. Had it been my photograph i would have been tempted to try and lighten the foreground by just a tiny amount, but that's just my opinion, nothing to say that it would have been a better rendering.

Barrie

3. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Very nice shot of one of my favourite places.

4. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

I think that this is a gorgeous shot and I wouldn't do a thing with it except print it A-3 and have it framed and hang it on the wall!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Now that it is dark outside and the room lighting conditions are different I have to admit that i wouldn't do anything to alter it either, so i withdraw my earlier comments, that change has raised it into the category of "gorgeous".

Barrie

• Like Like x 1
  6. michaelfinch

michaelfinch Mu-43 Regular

Sep 24, 2010
    Lancashire, England
    Hi Glenn. Great pic of the big shepherd. Most I've seen are more 'pretty' but your's shows it with weather too. Many years ago two of us were (almost) blown off - round the corner of the right hand slope in your pic there's a gentle route we tackled on ice. No problems until hailstones came rushing in on the wind. Under several layers with a Ventile outer jacket (anyone remember Ventile?) I could feel the hail like soft bullets. Then it cleared. Then it came again. And again it filled in all the steps we had cut in the ice. Time to go home! Clachaig for a wee dram.
    BYW: I took some snaps that day on a Rollei 35. There's a forum somewhere, I'm sure, but why can't digital deliver a full frame compact of that size? I undestand some of the issues with lens design/coverage but............?
    Cheers
    Michael.

7. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Very very nice.

Gary

8. Glenn S

Feb 1, 2010
    Thank you all for your kind comments, I was initially disappointed with my shots but managed to rescue this one, which I really like too!

9. russell

russell Mu-43 Regular

Dec 28, 2010
    Victoria, Australia
    Wow, that is gorgeous. Definitely a wall-hanger.

10. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    Australia
    fantastic work glenn, the composition and the lighting feels so right. I could look at this for hours :) hope you get a nice print made up!

11. Glenn S

Feb 1, 2010
    Thanks Kosta, I'm thinking I might get a canvas print done.

12. akulya

akulya Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    Great work.

• Like Like x 1