1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Brownie Target Sixteen 6 by Kodak :)

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by SCT, Mar 10, 2011.

1. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    Yea, it's old. I'm not sure what year it was acquired, but it's a late 1940's/ early 1950's camera. The time, exposure and lens opening levers work flawlessly. The only thing is that the lens just needs a good wiping.

Anyways, I'm actually thinking about using it. Taking a black and white picture with a modern day, all digital camera versus an actually 1940's/1950's camera with verichrome film, I get that genuine black and white picture feel from an old camera.

If I was to buy the Kodak 616 verichrome film the camera requires, given the fact that the film expired somewhere in the 1940's - 1950's, would it still work like a fresh roll of film? Crazy question, I know. But who knows if something with an expiration date wouldn't actually be expired.

If I can't use the old, expired Kodak 616 film, any one know who makes or can get film for this old camera?

How would I go about processing the film, if it works? I'm sure it's probably, virtually the same process as processing a 35mm film.

2. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    Film expired in the 50s or 60s would be useless--gamma radiation would have destroyed it long ago. You can check Freestyle for 616, but I think some have converted either 120 rolls or respooled 120 film to fit that camera. I would do a Google search.

Processing would be the same as any film. You would just need reels, dunk and drip, or a tube to do it.