Brownie Target Sixteen 6 by Kodak :)

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by SCT, Mar 10, 2011.

1. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    Yea, it's old. I'm not sure what year it was acquired, but it's a late 1940's/ early 1950's camera. The time, exposure and lens opening levers work flawlessly. The only thing is that the lens just needs a good wiping.

Anyways, I'm actually thinking about using it. Taking a black and white picture with a modern day, all digital camera versus an actually 1940's/1950's camera with verichrome film, I get that genuine black and white picture feel from an old camera.

If I was to buy the Kodak 616 verichrome film the camera requires, given the fact that the film expired somewhere in the 1940's - 1950's, would it still work like a fresh roll of film? Crazy question, I know. But who knows if something with an expiration date wouldn't actually be expired.

If I can't use the old, expired Kodak 616 film, any one know who makes or can get film for this old camera?

How would I go about processing the film, if it works? I'm sure it's probably, virtually the same process as processing a 35mm film.

2. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    Film expired in the 50s or 60s would be useless--gamma radiation would have destroyed it long ago. You can check Freestyle for 616, but I think some have converted either 120 rolls or respooled 120 film to fit that camera. I would do a Google search.

Processing would be the same as any film. You would just need reels, dunk and drip, or a tube to do it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.