1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Brooklyn Bridge

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by phatning, Jun 28, 2012.

1. phatning

phatning Mu-43 Rookie

May 27, 2012
    NYC
    E-PM1 with Lumix 14mm. ISO 200, f/3.2, 1/3200, b&w processed by iPhoto.

P6150270-2.

• Like Like x 16
  2. rgeorge911

rgeorge911 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2012
    Refreshing Composition

I was so pleased to see "not just another bridge shot" when I opened this post! Very nicely done!

Reed
    My Lumix Blog: DMC-365.blogspot.com

3. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    I like it. Very different.

4. zammer

zammer Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2012
    I'm diggin it.

Its gotta be one of the most photographed bridges in the world next to the Golden Gate, so how do you photograph it without making it look like just another shot? I think you found a way, nice job phatning

5. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Nice eye to see that shot.

Did you have special access to get that shot, or could anyone shoot from that spot?

6. phatning

phatning Mu-43 Rookie

May 27, 2012
    NYC
    Thank you guys! I wanted to emphasize the important role that steel cables play in Brooklyn Bridge history.

It's not a special access spot, everyone can stand there. Just watch out for bicycle traffic. The riders get REALLY mad if you are on their side. :eek:

7. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Interesting shot. Did you manually focus like that or did you do something in post processing for that effect?

8. phatning

phatning Mu-43 Rookie

May 27, 2012
    NYC
    I used aperture priority mode and focused on the nearest part of the cable. That's it.

9. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Naa special access not needed, this is a shot from the walk way. It s public space that everyone uses. If you seen the GEICO commercials with the gecko walking on a painted line of a walkway of the bridge, that is where you can see this. I love perspectives like this. It's usually an assignment for beginner photography classes. I did almost this exact same shot shot with my Minolta on B&W film back when I was in High school. But I remember I had more of the bridge in frame with some pleasant distortion from my 17mm lens. I should try to find that negative and scan it. The print I have is not the best qualityto scan.

10. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Love it!

11. Jorge Ledesma

Jorge Ledesma Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Miami
    Ditto on this explanation !! Great shot !!