1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Bronica WLF on GF1?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by chasm, Jun 17, 2011.

1. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    I have a Bronica ETRS system, although it's shamefully long since I used it. After seeing various Hoodman / Zacuto contraptions mounted to the back of DSLRs (and, on Philip Bloom's website, to the back of a GF1), I had the idea of trying to turn my Bronica waist level finder into a "loupe" for the screen of my GF1. Size-wise it's pretty much perfect, especially if one shoots in 4:3 format rather than 3:2, but the problem is how to attach it? I could probably remove the little flanges on the base if I found a decent micro-screwdriver, which would then make it flush with the back of the GF1, but it's the holding in place that I can't see an elegant/reliable way around... Any of you better-at-DIY-than-me (ie anyone) chaps or chapesses out there have any ideas? :confused:

2. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    I should have added, even holding it in place with my hand turned the screen into the best viewfinder I'd ever used!

3. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    LCD protectors use adhesive on their edge to mount to the area surrounding the LCD. Would that work for the Bronica finder?

• Like Like x 1
  4. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    Possibly - but it would need to be pretty strong, and I'd want to be able to remove it easily (although it's collapsible)...

5. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    What about Velcro? It's amazingly strong. Might have to custom cut it.

6. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    All I want is what you describe. When you get it figured out, post some photos. I think waist level finders are the coolest.

7. ascherjim

ascherjim Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 10, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  8. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    How about mounting it to a thin metal flange that is bent at the bottom to attach to the tripod mount?