1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Bronica WLF on GF1?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by chasm, Jun 17, 2011.

1. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    I have a Bronica ETRS system, although it's shamefully long since I used it. After seeing various Hoodman / Zacuto contraptions mounted to the back of DSLRs (and, on Philip Bloom's website, to the back of a GF1), I had the idea of trying to turn my Bronica waist level finder into a "loupe" for the screen of my GF1. Size-wise it's pretty much perfect, especially if one shoots in 4:3 format rather than 3:2, but the problem is how to attach it? I could probably remove the little flanges on the base if I found a decent micro-screwdriver, which would then make it flush with the back of the GF1, but it's the holding in place that I can't see an elegant/reliable way around... Any of you better-at-DIY-than-me (ie anyone) chaps or chapesses out there have any ideas? :confused: 

2. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    I should have added, even holding it in place with my hand turned the screen into the best viewfinder I'd ever used!

3. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    LCD protectors use adhesive on their edge to mount to the area surrounding the LCD. Would that work for the Bronica finder?

• Like Like x 1
  4. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    Possibly - but it would need to be pretty strong, and I'd want to be able to remove it easily (although it's collapsible)...

5. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    What about Velcro? It's amazingly strong. Might have to custom cut it.

6. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    All I want is what you describe. When you get it figured out, post some photos. I think waist level finders are the coolest.

7. ascherjim

ascherjim Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 10, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  8. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    How about mounting it to a thin metal flange that is bent at the bottom to attach to the tripod mount?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.