Broken EM10

XEV11

New to Mu-43
I just bought an EM10 and was enjoying using it on my trip. A couple hours ago i tried using it and it stopped working. When i turn it on, the plastic curtain goes up and down rapidly a few times and either remains closed or opened. The screen, buttons, and menus are unresponsive. The screen lights up a dull beige/grey. Nothing works. Ive removed the battery, lens, sd card. I would return it or go to a repair shop but im traveling in Europe and dont have any of that available where i am.

Any one have any ideas on what i can do to be able to use the camera for the remainder of my trip? thanks

campbellcj

Mu-43 Regular
This same exact thing happened to my E-M1 recently. It's out for warranty service now.

vloher

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Vic Loher
Similar thing happened to my EM-10. It's at Olympus now awaiting repairs. I wonder if this is becoming a common problem.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom