Broken EM10

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by XEV11, Aug 19, 2014.

1. XEV11

XEV11 New to Mu-43

Aug 19, 2014
    I just bought an EM10 and was enjoying using it on my trip. A couple hours ago i tried using it and it stopped working. When i turn it on, the plastic curtain goes up and down rapidly a few times and either remains closed or opened. The screen, buttons, and menus are unresponsive. The screen lights up a dull beige/grey. Nothing works. Ive removed the battery, lens, sd card. I would return it or go to a repair shop but im traveling in Europe and dont have any of that available where i am.

Any one have any ideas on what i can do to be able to use the camera for the remainder of my trip? thanks

2. campbellcj

campbellcj Mu-43 Regular

Jun 30, 2012
    This same exact thing happened to my E-M1 recently. It's out for warranty service now.

3. randyspan

randyspan Mu-43 Veteran

May 24, 2014
    New Hampshire, USA
    Randy Spann
    Same thing happened to my E-M10 - had to send in for repairs. This happened in the first week!

4. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    This sounds familiar.

Have you tried putting in a different battery?

5. campbellcj

campbellcj Mu-43 Regular

Jun 30, 2012
  6. vloher

vloher New to Mu-43

Apr 1, 2014
    Apex, NC
    Vic Loher
    Similar thing happened to my EM-10. It's at Olympus now awaiting repairs. I wonder if this is becoming a common problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.