1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Broken Down Hangar

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by saeveritt, Jun 16, 2010.

1. saeveritt

saeveritt Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2010
    Southern Texas
    I took this today when I came across this old abandon (Restricted) Hangar. It was hard to find a way in, but I managed.

I will just post a few on here, the rest will be on my Flickr later on.
    Comments and Criticism are more then welcome.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/saeveritt/4708491460/" title="RandomNumbers by saeveritt, on Flickr">
    4708491460_62433a2206_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    "1024" height="768" alt="RandomNumbers" /></a>

4707468409_5621804a8b_b.jpg

4708106594_aa7685ee67_b.jpg

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/saeveritt/4708504802/" title="Abandoned Office by saeveritt, on Flickr">
    4708504802_02e10b242f_b.jpg
    "1024" height="768" alt="Abandoned Office" /></a>

• Like Like x 3
  2. saeveritt

saeveritt Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2010
    Southern Texas
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Scott, thank you for these. Am I correct that you're looking for some feedback and constructive criticism? Do you have any specific questions?

4. saeveritt

saeveritt Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2010
    Southern Texas
    Do you find that the image with the bus is over exposed? I also wasn't too sure about the stairwell picture.

Any thoughts?

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

The bus photo is great except the highlights are a bit washed out in those broken windows. I am not a technical genius, so I'm going to leave it to someone else to explain how to deal with a contrasty situation like that. The bus and foreground look perfect to me. Those broken windows don't have to be "perfect" but if you could bring them "in" more...I think it would make your shot even stronger.

Stairwell - foreground really sharp, looks as though the depth of field is shallow...and then you have the difficult bright windows.

If you can edit in and post what your settings were as in f stop, etc., that would be helpful I think.

Hang on - help is on the way!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.