Brisbane nightscape

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by hazwing, Dec 29, 2012.

1. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    These didn't come out as sharp as I would have liked them to. There was quite a bit of light haze in the sky as well.

c & c welcome, I'm open to improvement.

For those interested, first photo taken with the 12-35mm. Other two taken with the oly 40-150mm

PC290202.jpg by hazwing, on Flickr

PC290207.jpg by hazwing, on Flickr

PC290217.jpg by hazwing, on Flickr
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Gillymaru

Gillymaru Mu-43 Veteran

They give a good panoramic view of Brisbane looking eastward, perhaps a little too far away from the city centre to really capture the tall buildings.
    There are some wonderful vantage points to capture the city from the cliffs near south bank, I think your 12-35 would be a great choice there.
  3. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I'd like to try taking a tripod up to Mt Coot-tha and do some longer exposures. I was there back in early December and took a few shots with my E-M5 and 45/1.8, but I was doing them handheld at ISO 1600 and about 1/20-1/30 sec so they didn't come out anywhere near as clean looking as yours.

• Like Like x 5
  4. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Do you mean around the kangaroo point cliffs? Here are a few from a while back taken with my canon 600d:

IMG_6983 by hazwing, on Flickr

IMG_0625 by hazwing, on Flickr

IMG_0624b by hazwing, on Flickr
    • Like Like x 4
  5. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Very nice shots!Well done!
  6. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Maybe we need to do a night time photo "walk"—hire a minibus and do Kangaroo Point cliffs, Mount Cootha lookout, and any other place we can think of and just take night time shots of Brisbane.
  7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Very, very nice. :2thumbs:
  8. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    there's actually a lesser known lookout that I've meaning to go to for some night or sunset shots. It's called bartley's hill reserve near ascot/clayfield. It has quite a nice view, and is a little closer than mount cootha lookout.
  9. incabloc

incabloc Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
  10. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    An update to the set. Taken with the 12-35mm:

P1120119.jpg by hazwing, on Flickr

If I were to go back again, there would a few things I would try to improve. I need to find a better position, maybe a taller tripod (to get over the fence), maybe an UWA.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi.. Beautiful and if u want sharpness then use PL 25 mm .
    I love this shot .Taken with OMD and PL25 mm 1.4

12. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    The sharpness does bother me as much as;
    -missing the end of the bridge on the right hand side
    -the keystone effect on the taller buildings

There was fence in the way, that made it hard for me to get a good position and angle of the bridge.