Bringing big Panny 100-300mm lens into baseball stadium?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by noohoggin1, Apr 28, 2013.

1. noohoggin1

noohoggin1 Instagram: @tomnguyenstudio

May 21, 2012
    MN
    Tom
    Hello friends!

Today I will be attending a MN Twins baseball game at Target Field here in sunny (finally!) Minneapolis. Although the site says that cameras are welcome (as long as no tripod/monopod/commercial use), I wonder if they'll balk at my OMD + Panny 100-300mm lens. I intend on carrying the lens in my pocket, and holding the OMD + 14mm pancake walking in.

Anyone have any experience/problems with this type of situation at a Major League baseball game/ pro sporting events?

Thanks!
    Tom

2. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I can't imagine they would, after all the 100-300 is tiny! Most consumer Nikons and Canons kit lenses (that are everywhere these days) are almost as large as the 100-300 on an OMD. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I brought my P100-300 to Fenway for Red Sox-Yankees - no issues at all. Enjoy the game and post some photos!

4. noohoggin1

May 21, 2012
    MN
    Tom
    thanks guys, will do! :2thumbs:

5. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Should not be a problem. Even the draconian rules for the 2012 Summer Olympics were an easy pass with m4/3 gear, including the 100-300mm lens. :thumbup:

6. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Put the lens in an available slot in a six-pack among brewskis. Tell it to act like a Bud.

7. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    LOL.

8. noohoggin1

May 21, 2012
    MN
    Tom
    I made it in no problems.....now just gotta go through the photos and pick the best ones and post them. Thanks again guys! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.