1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Brand New Panasonic GH3 for $799 at Unique Photo

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by solymosi, Oct 30, 2013.

1. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    What a great deal!

2. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Pretty impressive deal, considering that minty used ones without any sort of manufacturer's warranty are selling on ebay for the low to mid $800s nowadays. Too bad I don't want a camera that big and heavy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    It's at 850 now but I bought one anyways. Don't have any IS lenses in the stable these days though...may need to pick one up if this is a keeper.

4. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    If it was a pricing mistake they have apparently shipped some out.

5. alans

alans Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    Thanks but i must resist....

6. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Panasonic authorized dealer, for those that care. Here comes the Christmas season!

IS is overrated. I very rarely miss it on any of my gear. Turn yours off on your current gear and go out shooting. I think that you'll be surprised how little it actually does, and it really drives home why much of the professional gear you see lacks it.

7. STR

STR Mu-43 Veteran

May 16, 2013
    I half-agree. It's overrated, and you can work around not having it, but it's nice being able to shoot 1/5 second shots at night using a 50mm lens without having to use a tripod.

8. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    That's nice but this is a GH3. The IS is for video. I have a DSLR rig setup and I might try and combine that with digital IS in post but we'll see. May just stick to my A77 for hand-held/run and gun.

9. STR

STR Mu-43 Veteran

May 16, 2013
    I'm going to use my GH3 mostly for stills. I'm going to use the heck out of the IS on my 12-35, 35-100 and especially my 100-300. However...I could manage it if IS never existed. I'd just need a better, smaller tripod. I might get one of those anyway.

10. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    I ordered yesterday night, it shipped today morning, and will arrive at my door in Baltimore tomorrow. I forgot how awesome Unique is.

11. JeanLucX

JeanLucX Mu-43 Regular

Oct 3, 2013
    NYC
    I would definitely get it if their return policy isn't so scary:(

12. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    If you don't like it sell it. Why are you concerned with the price so low. What exactly are you afraid of finding out once you get it in your hands? I got mine in earlier today and I have to say if you are more concerned with stills stick with either of the omds can't say much about video yet. It's not a bad camera but the evf is pretty strange and not pleasant compare to the E-M1.

Btw I imagine once the hack comes out the video might be very improved and camera will retain great value if things follow the GH2 mold.

13. Shangul

Shangul Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 2, 2013
    Hello everyone...
    What an awesome deal. I am new to the forum and am really in need for a good camera deal. I try to check the forum as often as I can remember, but in case any hot deals show up, would appreciate it if anyone could message and inform me.
    Thanks.......

14. Teefin1

Teefin1 Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 4, 2012
    Here in the UK the price is £869 body only, which seems to mirror the OP,:although i dont know anything at all about this camera :)

15. solymosi

solymosi Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 7, 2013
    British Columbia
    It is quite a deal

If you convert £869 to USD it's almost $1,400 so I would say it's a very good deal.

Pete