1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Brand new OMD em5 II defective? Question for owners please help

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dronek75, Jul 27, 2015.

1. dronek75

dronek75 Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 2, 2013
    Gdansk-Poland, Illinois USA
    Greg
    Hi. I just picked up a brand new body from the store and after mounting 12-40mm pro and battery, turning my brand new em5II and mode dial (one of the left) is completely stuck and not turnabke either way? It's on P mode and i can't change it (yes I'm pushing the button in the middle as I'm trying to change the mode)
    I mean I'm afraid I will brake it off or something and googling didn't help4
    Am I doing something wrong or camera is broken out of the box?
    Again it's a brand new body.
    Thanks a bunch guys.

This is my third m43 camera....lumix g5 and em10 I'm still using....used Pentax before up till k3 and besides m43 I'm shooting with Fuji XT1 and bunch of primes.

2. JBoot

JBoot Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2012
    Scotch Plains, NJ
    Jerry
    Did you press and release the button then try to turn the dial? The button acts as a lock.

3. dronek75

dronek75 Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 2, 2013
    Gdansk-Poland, Illinois USA
    Greg
    Thanks a million. It worked. I was just about to return the camera and ask for replacement...lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. JBoot

JBoot Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2012
    Scotch Plains, NJ
    Jerry
    No worries! My pleasure. Now... let the heart rate settle, compose, hold breath and shoot! We're always here for ya. :dance3:

• Like Like x 1
  5. imahawki

imahawki Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2014
    I was thrown a bit too coming from an EM10 because I believe the mode dial won't move at all when the camera is off, regardless of where the lock button is set. So when I first got mine I tried to turn it to aperture priority before I even turned it on. It wouldn't move so I pushed the lock button and it still wouldn't move. So don't feel bad. But also, RTFM ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    Those kind of things are the main reason I print out ALL my manuals. Both of the 5 series are huge, but that sure helps me.

7. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I did that at first with my EM1. ;)