1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Brand new OM-D, shutter count 433

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kevinaldo, Jan 29, 2013.

1. kevinaldo

kevinaldo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 30, 2012
    CA, USA
    Just bought OM-D from Adorama, shutter count has 433, is it normal or did I get a used camera?

2. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    Its used.

Funnily B&H have a policy that you cannot return cameras with over 200 shutter counts.

Items with timers must show less than 120 minutes of use. Items with shutter counters must show less than 200 exposures.

I wonder what happens when you receive a camera from them which already has 433 shutter counts.

3. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Welcome to the forum! I'd send the camera back. 433 is not "new" in my book.

4. dino1891

dino1891 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2013
    Mine had around 70 when I received mine from BH. I thought that the shutter count should be at 0 so I was wondering the same thing. After doing a couple google searches, I learned that Olympus tests the camera and approves it before they ship it out of the factories. 400 sounds pretty high though.

I had a similar experience last summer with a lens from Adorama that already had fingerprints on the glass when I received it, as well as very noticeable zoom creep :mad:. It was clearly a demo or return. I was pretty annoyed that I had to go through the hassle of taking an hour to walk over to UPS, waiting in line, and dropping the package off. Then taking another "study at home instead of at the library" day to wait for UPS (the UPS in my area really sucks) since signature was required, and their delivery estimates are really inaccurate. After that experience, I decided to stick with BH.

5. thekeddi

thekeddi Mu-43 Rookie

May 17, 2010
    That camera is no way new, it's either a demo model or a return, I would be ringing them.

6. dino1891

dino1891 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2013
    I was also annoyed by the fact that they thought they were doing me a favor by offering me one day shipping for an exchange, but I would be charged again for the new lens, and would be refunded for the old lens once they received it.

The one day shipping was already a promotion they had going at the time, but they acted like it was a courtesy to me.

7. ice_man

ice_man Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2012
    Socal
    Z
    how'd you check the shutter count again? :)

8. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    Did some copy paste from this forum:

This was asked about in the April E-M5 thread. I know most have seen it but it always good for new people. Perhaps someone could list the Panny method as well.

1) When camera is off, hold 'MENU' button and power on. Release button.
    2) Press 'MENU' and go to 'LCD brightness'. (under settings, last icon on the left)
    3) Press 'INFO' followed by 'OK'. You will now see your camera model.
    4) Press in sequence: UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, SHUTTER and UP
    5) You are now in the hidden information screens.
    6) For shutter count, press 'RIGHT'.

R: Shutter RELEASES (number of)
    S: FLASH fires (number of)
    U: USF (Ultra Sonic Filter) number of times it is driven by user and by automatic control of the camera is counted.

• Like Like x 2
  9. fransglans

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    This was asked about in the April E-M5 thread. I know most have seen it but it always good for new people. Perhaps someone could list the Panny method as well. 1) When camera is off, hold 'MENU' button and power on. Release button. 2) Press 'MENU' and go to 'LCD brightness'. (under settings, last icon on the left) 3) Press 'INFO' followed by 'OK'. You will now see your camera model. 4) Press in sequence: UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, SHUTTER and UP 5) You are now in the hidden information screens. 6) For shutter count, press 'RIGHT'. R: Shutter RELEASES (number of) S: FLASH fires (number of) U: USF (Ultra Sonic Filter) number of times it is driven by user and by automatic control of the camera is counted. __________________ My Blog

10. fransglans

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    Ops. Duplicate answer.. Iphone error

11. Jangir

Jangir Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 27, 2013
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Jangir
  12. N O Mennescio

N O Mennescio New to Mu-43

Oct 8, 2012
    2) Press 'MENU' and go to 'LCD brightness'. (under settings, last icon on the left)
    Where is LCD brightness? I can't find it! Could someone please clarify.

13. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

If B&H don't have it, ain't nobody got it. (Almost).

I think anyone on this forum who gets a chance to visit NYC ought to treat themselves to visiting their store. A short walk from Pennsylvania Station. (Closed Saturday)

14. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    just checked my omd shutter count is 2,670 (numbers reading from the 'R"), I got my omd from adorama for only a month, I believe I only shoot less than 500 click, do I missed something?

15. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Go to the Spanner/Wrench menu. It's the third item down. It's a little black monitor shape with a wedge shaped scale underneath.

16. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    What does it say for S and U?

17. Halaking

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    R: 002670
    s: 000577
    c: 000000
    u: 000546
    v: 000000
    b: 002601

l: 000000

18. Halaking

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    after one click

R: 002671
    S: 000577
    C: 000000
    U: 000549
    V: 000000
    B: 002602
    L: 000000 :eek:

19. mkee

mkee Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2012
    Long Beach CA
    Now i'm worried about my olympus 75 lens from them because it seemed like it was lacking the normal bag that lenses come in and was just in a little plastic bag not the softer white one.

20. dino1891

dino1891 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2013
    Thats okay. The plastic bag is how it is supposed to come. Mine came like that to from BH.