Brand new gx1 for $264

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Uncle Frank, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Uncle Frank

Uncle Frank Photo Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2012
    San Jose, CA
  2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Quite a deal! Note though that the order is actually via somebody called 'Big Value' so the usual caveats about warranty apply.
  3. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    G3 is around $220 at B&H

If you don't want a viewfinder or flip out screen, the GX1 is a wonderful camera. The G3 uses the same sensor, but comes with the built in EVF and flip out screen. But both cameras are outstanding values. That said, I would rather buy from B&H, as I have come to very much trust them.

Images for books, magazines and calendars | photosbypike
  4. Uncle Frank

Uncle Frank Photo Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    ^^ I don't buy through secondary e-tailers... unless it's through Amazon. They back up their reseller offerings. I received a product that wasn't as advertised and had a problem getting return authorization from the reseller. Amazon refunded the entire amount of the transaction, including shipping, and didn't even have to ship the product back to the reseller.
  5. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Looks like there's a reseller that is using Amazon fulfillment selling for $20 more. If I was buying, I'd go for that -- Fulfilled by Amazon purchases are much easier to return if there is a problem.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. j0hhhn

j0hhhn New to Mu-43

Mar 7, 2013
    Earlier in the week it was down to $249 from the same Big Value amazon seller, crazy indeed! I bought one from them via Ebay a few days earlier (at $270, should have waited), and for what it's worth I was happy with the purchase.
  7. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Big value also a big seller on ebay, but is not an authorized dealer, many buyers reviews complain about no warranty, even they advertised in their product page.

eBay Feedback Profile for bigvalueinc