Brand new FF system

WT21

Super Moderator
I just got a new FF system and it’s a brand new system targeted at budget and travel light shooters

plusses
  • It has outstanding IBIS, pretty solid AF (though not class leading), uses SD cards, has an amazing viewfinder and has great on-body controls including a grip. It also has a pop-up flash. Best of all, it cost me about $500!

negatives
  • It is lower MP and uses an older sensor tech so it lags a bit behind, though low ISO DR is better than the Canon RP at half the cost!

the lenses are great, too, and built to be compact.I have:
  • 50mm 2.8
  • 85mm 3.4
  • A 90-300mm f/8.0-11 that fits in your pocket
  • And an amazing 200-600 f/8.0-11 that weight less than a kilogram!
  • It also has a 24-120 kit lens. It’s a slow kit lens, but super compact. And it’s weather sealed! (Along with the body)

Each lens cost less than $500

very excited about this new FF system. My whole kit fits into one shoulder bag and weighs less than 3KG total!

A G85 with lenses that cover the Full MFT Frame. I have a very similar setup and enjoy it a lot. Consider adding the 40mm f/3.4 to your arsenal; it's a very nice pancake lens. ;)

bassman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
The Bassman
I just got a new FF system and it’s a brand new system targeted at budget and travel light shooters

plusses
  • It has outstanding IBIS, pretty solid AF (though not class leading), uses SD cards, has an amazing viewfinder and has great on-body controls including a grip. It also has a pop-up flash. Best of all, it cost me about $500!

negatives
  • It is lower MP and uses an older sensor tech so it lags a bit behind, though low ISO DR is better than the Canon RP at half the cost!

the lenses are great, too, and built to be compact.I have:
  • 50mm 2.8
  • 85mm 3.4
  • A 90-300mm f/8.0-11 that fits in your pocket
  • And an amazing 200-600 f/8.0-11 that weight less than a kilogram!
  • It also has a 24-120 kit lens. It’s a slow kit lens, but super compact. And it’s weather sealed! (Along with the body)

Each lens cost less than $500

very excited about this new FF system. My whole kit fits into one shoulder bag and weighs less than 3KG total!
Cute. It’s in your sig.

Reflector

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I got a laugh out of it, given I have these for the same system myself but my camera is a bit newer.
A 13-50mm f/2.4 which is the next closest thing to a Canon RF 24-70mm f/2 but it cost me less than $1,000.
A 64-128mm f/2.2 which pairs well with the 150-400mm f/3.5 I have for when I need more reach. Sure the glass is older but it holds up with a teleconverter all the way out to 840mm and it even focuses at f/8 still.

I guess we're on the opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to the lenses. I do enjoy being able to swap to the slower optics when I don't feel like carrying the weight.

cjoliprsf

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Claude
It is easy to laugh at it, but now that all the professional photographers are rushing to get a mirrorless FF, it is possible to acquire an excellent FF camera for almost peanuts...
My own FF kit:
  • Canon EOS 5D mk2 (recently acquired for 400 USD, 21 MPixels)
  • Sigma 24mm-2.8 as wide prime (about 100$ 10 years ago - I used it as normal prime on APS-C bodies)
  • Canon 50mm-1.8, the ubiquitous one, easily found for about 80$
  • Canon EF 35-105mm 3.5-4.5, this is one of the first EF lenses released by Canon in late 1980s, the zoom is pull-push! Found that one on an early EOS body for 25$...
  • EF 70-300 IS USM mk1, easily found these days for under 200$
Total cost about 800 USD for a quite complete kit. And it is a true FF! However, not a kit that I would bring on travel - this is for photography around home.

WT21

Super Moderator
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is easy to laugh at it, but now that all the professional photographers are rushing to get a mirrorless FF, it is possible to acquire an excellent FF camera for almost peanuts...
My own FF kit:
  • Canon EOS 5D mk2 (recently acquired for 400 USD, 21 MPixels)
  • Sigma 24mm-2.8 as wide prime (about 100$ 10 years ago - I used it as normal prime on APS-C bodies)
  • Canon 50mm-1.8, the ubiquitous one, easily found for about 80$
  • Canon EF 35-105mm 3.5-4.5, this is one of the first EF lenses released by Canon in late 1980s, the zoom is pull-push! Found that one on an early EOS body for 25$...
  • EF 70-300 IS USM mk1, easily found these days for under 200$
Total cost about 800 USD for a quite complete kit. And it is a true FF! However, not a kit that I would bring on travel - this is for photography around home.
I’ll never go back to DSLR. I got fed up with MA to get accurate AF

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom