1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Brand New E-P1 for $90.90

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Luke, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
  2. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    Big Value is good to deal with. They're the same folks as Electronics Basket and F&B trading on the wholesale side

3. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I wonder if I ordered one whether I would actually use it? I ordered one of those $349 E-P3s from Adorama but sent it back, figuring I wouldn't use it enough to justify the price. But a brand-new E-P1 for under $100? Maybe. The 230K rear LCD and no ability to use an EVF put me off a bit when the camera was new. I suppose I could pick up a VF-1 OVF to use with the 17mm f/1.8 and my E-PM2's flash would work on it. Plus all of the firmware updates since 2009 did make auto-focus faster and cured a few bugs. Luke, how will you use yours?

4. Rinaldo

Rinaldo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2012
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    I got one and plan to use it exclusively for timelapse with an intervalometer. Let's see if it can reach 150.000 actuations... :biggrin:

5. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    Man...if my wife hadn't just spent $360 on Justin Bieber tickets for her and my daughter (yes, Justin freakin Bieber,) last night I would jump on this. I don't need it but man it's just so pretty. It would go well with my EM5 and EPL1. Oh well.

6. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I think I'll use it mainly as a second body along with my OMD so I don't need to switch lenses as often. I'll keep a fast prime lens on the E-P1 so I can keep the ISO low and use some zooms on the OMD. I also tend to be more "snapshotty" when I'm using a camera without a viewfinder and I find that I get more fun grab shots that way.

I'm also buying it to reminisce. The E-P1 was my entry point into photography as well as being the first camera I lusted for. I remember poring over reviews and wondering how in the world I could justify paying $900 for a camera that was so much slower than a DSLR, but it was just soooooooo good looking.

7. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I'm tempted for similar reasons. It's a pretty camera and still has the same sensor as the E-PM1. As long as your shooting still scenes and use RAW, all is well.

8. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Sounds to me like an excellent IR converter!

9. ghetto

ghetto Mu-43 Regular

that's the price of a new/unused one?

so what's the value of my used, dropped, beat up, scratched, scarred one? is it worth more because it's experienced now?

well at least I have an excuse to not sell it now :)

10. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Nominated for "Best Opening Line in a Post", 2013.:clap2:

11. Thanks for posting this!!!! I just bought the last one (sorry, folks). I had been looking for a second body and would have spent this much or more for a used body. Now i have two matching cameras...but can anybody find me a deal on a Sigma 30 2.8?

12. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    You know, put the Body Cap 15 on this and it's pocketable. It's also the perfect enthusiast camera. If you have your eye that day, you'll get great shots. If not, it's a cheap lens on an obsolete body so what did you expect, after all?

13. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    That's OK. Guess you got the second to last one? :shhh: $90 just wasn't enough of a barrier to stop me. I just gave my daughter the E-PM1 to take on her trip to Peru. It will probably remain in her possession for her trip to Turkey in November, and I suspect it just became a gift.

14. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Oh well. I'll just have to keep my eye on the price of an E-P3. Adorama is asking $349 for the body and 14-42mm lens kit (the kit I returned). Maybe around this Christmas we'll see an E-P3 body-only pop up for under $200. One can dream, right?

15. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    I'm going to dream with you. :smile:

16. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I sold my E-P3. My problem was that if it has an input jack for a viewfinder, I'm gonna use a viewfinder, so what seems like a $300 camera, is REALLY a $450 camera....which is a pretty long way from this sub $100 camera. Yo me, they are 2 different cameras. I know it sounds insane, but sometimes limitations are good.

17. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I'm willing to agree as soon as I figure it out.

18. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    You should go for the GF3 then -- no ability to use a VF. :)

19. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I understand what you're saying. I already own the VF-2 so it's really not an issue for me. I think that 230K rear LCD still held me up a bit - just as when the camera was new. I think I would jump on a $200 E-P3 body much more quickly - for the 640K LCD, built-in flash and faster auto-focus.

EDIT: If one is willing to go up by $100 to just under $200, Cameta Camera is offering E-P2 bodies (new-old stock with factory warranty, not refurbs) for $199. Still a nice option and the camera body can use the VF-2 and VF-3.

http://www.cameta.com/Olympus-PEN-E-P2-Micro-4-3-Digital-Camera-Body-Black-Outfit-Box-60687.cfm

20. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke