Bragging a little....

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kyphotoguy, Dec 22, 2012.

1. kyphotoguy

kyphotoguy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2012
    My daughter who has really taken to photography and film was just accepted into Vanderbilt University. She picked Vandy over Stanford and the Univ of Chicago after visiting the campus. I am giving her the camera she asked for for Christmas the E-Pl2. I am hoping she can get involved in photography clubs etc while on campus.

Does anyone know any college orgs for photography?

The Department of Art - Vanderbilt University
  2. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Awesome. What's she going to major in?

Please be sure that she has not bought in to the "go to college and get a great job" half-truth. The part missing is "getting a degree in something useful."
    • Like Like x 1
  3. kyphotoguy

kyphotoguy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2012
    No, we have talked about the realities. She is at a much greater advantage than I was when leaving college. I have to pay off my debt and I took a job I thought was temporary that became a career. Now I am not complaining it has been a good life and allowed me to do may things but I did have bigger dreams. My daughter on the other hand has a full ride as long as she keeps her grades up. She is #1 in her class and has ranked in the top 5 in two different world comps in academics. Competing with students from Asia and Europe.
  4. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
  5. demiro

demiro Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Wow. Feel free to brag.

But based on those accomplishments you should at least upgrade her to an E-PL5. :wink:
  6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Great reasons to brag - congrats to you both! :bravo-009:
  7. arentol

arentol Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2012
    God I hope she can do better than MENSA.

(Doing better being defined as either being smart enough to join a real high IQ society, or being even smarter and not joining any such group at all.)
  8. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
    Your last alternative is, without a doubt, the wisest!
  9. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall

And she chose Vanderbilt over Stanford? Was that because Vanderbilt offered the full ride? Just curious...