1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Bradgate Park, Leicester

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Phil B, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Phil B

Phil B Mu-43 Regular

May 13, 2011
    UK
    Hopefully these are in the right place. I thought I'd share some photos from a place that I can never tire of visiting.

Bradgate Park is a huge public park in Leicester. In the park you can find lots of wildlife, the main attraction being the wild deer that can be found. Sometimes you can be lucky and get some nice encounters with them. Unfortunately on this occasion, they stayed in the area that is off-limits to the public and the 14-42 lens wouldn't allow me any good shots.

The park also has the ruins of Bradgate House, believed to be the birthplace of Lady Jane Grey, one of King Henry VIIIs many queens. At the other end of the park, up on the top of a hill, stands Old John and a war memorial.

Reflection

Lost kite

Across the park

The ruins of Bradgate House

The park police station

Compass and place marker

Old John

A nice place for a rest

There's no processing on the photos, I'm still trying to work out how to use Aperture mode to get the best results.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Beautiful set.

Thanks form posting!

Alan

3. broadway

broadway Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2011
    UK
    Went to Loughborough recently to visit old haunts and went back to Bradagate, it really is a spenldid park.

One small point Lady Jane Grey wasn't a wife of Henry VIII, she was the the Nine Days Queen.

4. Phil B

Phil B Mu-43 Regular

May 13, 2011
    UK
    History was never my best subject :smile: