Bracketing with the Olympus D E M-1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by joesb1, Feb 17, 2014.

1. joesb1

joesb1 New to Mu-43

Feb 13, 2014
    Two questions can I set up bracketing so camera will take all three shots continuously until bracket is complete?

Can I set what exposure is shot first second and third in bracket sequence?

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe B
  2. Drdave944

Drdave944 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2012
    Yes. Go to menue. Second Camera Icon. You have a whole list of bracketing options. Then there is a hdr setting on the left front dial but that must be set from menu,so I don't know what good it is, And you can't turn it off without going back into menu.This kinda sucks.
  3. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    1. You need to change the drive mode as well from single shot to low or high speed continuous...this way it's YOUR CHOICE of how the sequence is completed.

2. I don't know of ANY camera that let's you change the order. If you look at the light meter though, it tells you which shot is next.
  4. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    You do not need to go into the menus. Download the pdf from the first post and there is some explanation in the file.

Unlike higher end Canons and Nikons you cannot set which exposure occurs when.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. joesb1

joesb1 New to Mu-43

Feb 13, 2014
    Thank you everyone for your reposes.

Clint, your set up guide was awesome. It really helped me quite a bit. They should make it a sticky note for all new Olympus owners can see right away.