1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Boys will be Boys

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by Spaceghost33, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Spaceghost33

Spaceghost33 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    Recent shot of my two little ones on vacation. C&C welcome.

694165315905.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

My comments and criticisms are that they are way too cute! What absolutely perfect color - this is a real keeper, as are they! This will be a wonderful photo for the two of them when they're all grown up - wonderful memories in this one.

3. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Lovely!!

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

OK, here is one criticism. You can see I love this picture. How could I not? But if you get another chance, and you will, try to get each boy's arms in the whole photo...rather than cutting off your younger son's arms. Believe me, I know that is not always easy or even possible.

In this case, I'd crop up a bit so we didn't actually see your younger son's arms. See what you think. It's just a suggestion. You'll probably have to come down a bit from the top, too, to balance it out properly.

Either way, this is a beautiful photograph.

5. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    Lovely shot, I have two girls...

6. Spaceghost33

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    BBW, I had the same thoughts about the cropping. I do enjoy this picture (one of my favorites - but I'm a bit biased). This shot was out of the camera (.JPEG) on my GF1/20mm Panny. I hadn't processed it (lack of time!). Another concern I had is that my older son was just slightly out of focus. Just an aperture change, I know.

Thanks so much for the kind words and the advice. It's the only way to improve! Did I mention that I love this community?!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Spaceghost33

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    Joe, very beautiful girls!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.