Boy scouts Bike Rodeo....

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by vidiot72, Sep 26, 2011.

1. vidiot72

vidiot72 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 11, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I went to the cub scouts bike rodeo with my son this weekend and here are a few shots that I got. On most of them I was trying out vivitar 210mm lens so I got some pretty tight shots. Everything was an action shot so I am surprised that the focus is as good as it was. The big zoom was great for getting shots of the kids without them knowing it. The only other lens that I used was a Rokker X.

1. ashton.

2. kid.

3. hope.

4. black_dog.

5. tyler_bro.

6. tyler.

7. Sierra.

8. decoff2.

9. decoff.

10. ashton_tight.

11. ashton2.

12. tree.

• Like Like x 1
  2. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Nice job with MF lenses! What was your 'keeper rate'?

Several shots (2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, if I counted right - numbering helps!) seem to have a yellow cast...was that what you saw at the time?

3. vidiot72

vidiot72 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 11, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I took probably 100 shots and 75 were usable. I just grabbed a few to share. You know, I noticed the yellow too and didn't really think about it too much. All the kids were wearing those yellow shirts and it was really sunny, I just figured it was reflection. What I did notice when you mentioned it was that there was a UV filter on the lens that I didn't know I had! I picked this up used a week or so ago and didn't notice that it had a filter, I'm so stupid sometimes. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.