1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Boy scouts Bike Rodeo....

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by vidiot72, Sep 26, 2011.

1. vidiot72

vidiot72 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 11, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I went to the cub scouts bike rodeo with my son this weekend and here are a few shots that I got. On most of them I was trying out vivitar 210mm lens so I got some pretty tight shots. Everything was an action shot so I am surprised that the focus is as good as it was. The big zoom was great for getting shots of the kids without them knowing it. The only other lens that I used was a Rokker X.

1. ashton.

2. kid.

3. hope.

4. black_dog.

5. tyler_bro.

6. tyler.

7. Sierra.

8. decoff2.

9. decoff.

10. ashton_tight.

11. ashton2.

12. tree.

• Like Like x 1
  2. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Nice job with MF lenses! What was your 'keeper rate'?

Several shots (2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, if I counted right - numbering helps!) seem to have a yellow cast...was that what you saw at the time?

3. vidiot72

vidiot72 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 11, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I took probably 100 shots and 75 were usable. I just grabbed a few to share. You know, I noticed the yellow too and didn't really think about it too much. All the kids were wearing those yellow shirts and it was really sunny, I just figured it was reflection. What I did notice when you mentioned it was that there was a UV filter on the lens that I didn't know I had! I picked this up used a week or so ago and didn't notice that it had a filter, I'm so stupid sometimes. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.