1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Boxwave Anti-Glare for E-P1

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Djarum, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    So I got one of the Boxwave anti-glare LCD protectors for my E-P1. I have used their product for my GPS, phones, and even mp3 players.

This product is different than the Zagg product, which I didn't care for. With the Zagg product I used, I had to use this special solution to apply the protector on. With the solution on my hands, I could never place the protector on correctly. This product instead just has a sticky side. The product can also be washed and used again.

Some people were curious about how well the anti-glare is, so I thought I'd post a before and after. Keep in mind the pictures were taken with a cell phone, and the amount of light between the two shots is different.

As you can see, without the protector the LCD makes the white light look bluish-violet. So my guess some sort of anti-glare is already built into the E-P1 screen.

With the LCD protector, the white light becomes diffused. This looks similar to how anti-glare looks on LCD monitors. I'm not sure how well it helps, if it helps at all. I really got it so that if I slide the camera in and out of my pocket, I don't have to worry about the LCD getting scratched.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    It would be nice if you could follow up with a field report, particularly shooting in bright locations like beaches in full sunshine or with snow or anything similar.

Cheers

PeterB666

• Like Like x 2
  3. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Peter,

I'll let you know. One of the things I think folks forget to do is to turn the brightness upon their LCD during those kinds of situations. I've never found the E-P1 screen a problem in regards to framing a picture in sunny conditions with the brightness all the way up. Judging exposure of course is a different matter.

4. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    You cannot judge exposure on the screen of the E-P1. JPEGs are enhanced and when shooting RAW, there is a tendency to underexpose, exspecially with very long exposures, although JPEGs done in camera will look bright enough at the expense of noise and detail.

The lighting is very harsh in Australia. I use a Delkin LCD hood and on beaches and other bright situations, can at best be described as marginal. Without the hood, invisible.