Bower 7.5mm Fisheye for $200 on B&H

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
Sorry about that everyone. B&H regularly sends me information on deals and new product announcements. If there's a particularly good deal or a new in-stock announcement that I think would be of general interest, I usually post it on the site (or Serious Compacts, or one of the other three sites, as appropriate). I wouldn't have posted this if I knew or thought it was going to expire less than 24 hours later. I just emailed them and they confirmed that the $199 price has expired. My bad. I'll try not to let it happen again...

-Ray

huai

Mu-43 Regular
Hi Ray - this is the OP. Where do you normally post these deals? I didn't see anything on MU-43 before making thi spost.

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
Hi Ray - this is the OP. Where do you normally post these deals? I didn't see anything on MU-43 before making thi spost.
Oh jeez, my mistake. I posted THIS yesterday and didn't realize there was already another thread going on this. And I just assumed all of these replies were to my thread, rather than a different one! So, nobody paid attention to mine because you got there a day or two sooner. My thread was understandably ignored because it was redundant with yours already here...

Well, you got yours up soon enough that I hope some folks got to take advantage of the deal before it expired...

To answer your question, I normally post the announcements somewhere on the site when its a relatively small thing, like this one. If it's big, I stick it on the front page, but that's pretty rare...

-Ray

ApGfoo

Mu-43 Regular
The window was very short but I was able to take advantage of the 199 deal (thanks to this site) and I think a few others here as well.

It is what it is. In the end, the onus is on the potential buyer.

darrenleow

Mu-43 Regular
Mine just arrived today after about 3 days. Impressive considering the lens travelled halfway around the world to get here!

Thanks huai and others for sharing this deal. :2thumbs:

RoadTraveler

Mu-43 All-Pro
No serial number?

Received my copy today.

I don't see a serial number on the lens, only a model number on the box. Is that correct, these lenses are not serial numbered?

It's not a big deal, just want to confirm I'm not missing it somewhere.

Thanks

Jesse_S

Mu-43 Regular
Received my copy today.

I don't see a serial number on the lens, only a model number on the box. Is that correct, these lenses are not serial numbered?

Thanks
I have the Rokinon version and couldn't find a serial number on the lens when I was trying to enter it into Lenstag.

Other than that, fantastic lens and a steal for the money.

suntoryjim

Mu-43 Regular
Got mine from B&H last week for $199 delivered. Only a picture can describe the joy of having this lens:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/suntoryjim/9773134405/" title="bay spray by suntoryjim, on Flickr">View attachment 308036"1024" height="612" alt="bay spray"></a>

I picked up this lens (Rokinon) on sale earlier this year from Overstock based on a post in the hot deals section. At that time the hot price was $235 so the current price of $239 is still an excellent price. The lens itself is excellent - a real bargain.

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Received my copy today.

Thanks
I have the Rokinon version and couldn't find a serial number on the lens when I was trying to enter it into Lenstag.

Other than that, fantastic lens and a steal for the money.
I am surprised they don't have one on there or at least on the box.
If you want a unique serial number on it then you should engrave your 3 initials and birthday as a 4 digit month and day, on the mount lip.
I wonder if Lenstag would let you enter that.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom