Bought a second hand M5 mk1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Gerard, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Gerard

Gerard Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

May 12, 2015
    Vleuten, Utrecht
    I am very happy with this camera. So far it delivers all I was expecting.
    I read the instruction manual, reviews and blogs on it and it is all pretty straightforward to get it doing what I want it to.

Two thing I cant find or keep trouble with:
    1. Metadata
    If I open a picture in Lightroom, in metadata the name of the first owner is shown under 'creator'. Obviously I want my own name there. But how? who can help?
    Edit: found it

2. Magnify
    I shoot a lot with legacy lenses. The Magnify option is great. At first I didnt understand how it works, but in the end I found a way that is working.
    I assigned 'Magnify' to the Fn2 button. Now with a legacylens, during focussing I press Fn2, a green square appears in the EVF, press Fn2 again and the magnify comes on. So far so good.
    BUT
    Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Of course I must be doing something wrong, but what?

2. Yelkrub

Yelkrub Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2013
    Cheshire, U.K.
    Paul
    Hi Gerard, I have the em10 not the em5mk1 but the menu is similar.
    1. Press menu button and go down to the gear/cogs and then press right on the 4 way selector.
    Use the down on the 4way selector to record/erase.
    use right and then down to copyright settings then right to get to artist name and copyright name.
    2. The buttons on the em5mk1 are a bit spongy and may not be making proper contact?
    If you want to exit the magnify mode, press and hold FN2 down.
    You can also use the touchscreen to magnify: tap the little hand icon on the lower left side of the screen repeating until it shows a green box with a hand symbol.
    then tap the screen where you want to use zoom and a green box appears.
    There's a scale on the right to adjust the zoom and an icon below to activate the zoom.

Hope that helps.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.