Bought a second hand M5 mk1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Gerard, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Gerard

Gerard Mu-43 All-Pro

May 12, 2015
    Vleuten, Utrecht
    I am very happy with this camera. So far it delivers all I was expecting.
    I read the instruction manual, reviews and blogs on it and it is all pretty straightforward to get it doing what I want it to.

Two thing I cant find or keep trouble with:
    1. Metadata
    If I open a picture in Lightroom, in metadata the name of the first owner is shown under 'creator'. Obviously I want my own name there. But how? who can help?
    Edit: found it

2. Magnify
    I shoot a lot with legacy lenses. The Magnify option is great. At first I didnt understand how it works, but in the end I found a way that is working.
    I assigned 'Magnify' to the Fn2 button. Now with a legacylens, during focussing I press Fn2, a green square appears in the EVF, press Fn2 again and the magnify comes on. So far so good.
    BUT
    Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Of course I must be doing something wrong, but what?

2. Yelkrub

Yelkrub Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2013
    Cheshire, U.K.
    Paul
    Hi Gerard, I have the em10 not the em5mk1 but the menu is similar.
    1. Press menu button and go down to the gear/cogs and then press right on the 4 way selector.
    Use the down on the 4way selector to record/erase.
    use right and then down to copyright settings then right to get to artist name and copyright name.
    2. The buttons on the em5mk1 are a bit spongy and may not be making proper contact?
    If you want to exit the magnify mode, press and hold FN2 down.
    You can also use the touchscreen to magnify: tap the little hand icon on the lower left side of the screen repeating until it shows a green box with a hand symbol.
    then tap the screen where you want to use zoom and a green box appears.
    There's a scale on the right to adjust the zoom and an icon below to activate the zoom.

Hope that helps.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1