Bottom bar changes?

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Just realised how poorly worded and ambiguous that was. What I meant was, I preferred a button for unread posts (‘New posts’?) in the bottom bar, just like before the migration.
In the mobile view, the lightning bolt in the upper right corner takes you to new/unread posts:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Amin Sabet

Administrator
One problem with making New Unread Posts the most obvious option is that people PM me to ask why their threads don't show up when other people's threads do show. They think they are being penalized, and I have to explain that it is because the thread doesn't contain unread (to them) posts.

ooheadsoo

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm happy with "recent posts". However, the bottom bar appears very thick and covers quite a bit of screen real estate (unnecessarily imo). Is it possible to shrink the gray translucent band? The new interface, in general, appears to be larger than necessary.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I'm happy with "recent posts". However, the bottom bar appears very thick and covers quite a bit of screen real estate (unnecessarily imo). Is it possible to shrink the gray translucent band? The new interface, in general, appears to be larger than necessary.
The problem is that newer iPhones rely on gestures at the bottom edge of the screen:

ooheadsoo

Mu-43 Veteran
Interesting. I have a oneplus 6 that uses gestures from the bottom and have no issues with either the old or new interface, but I guess the iphone implementation is different.

What about the font size? Maybe this isn't the right thread for it, but the new fonts/icons/spacing appear much larger than before, both in the bottom bar as well as everywhere else.

comment23

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Simon
In the mobile view, the lightning bolt in the upper right corner takes you to new/unread posts:

View attachment 769762
It takes me to ‘What’s New’ but not unread...
A1D892A7-B913-493D-98A8-9AE521098D51.png

Both the bottom bar and the lightning bolt symbol are taking me to functionally the same place (I know they’re different but my reason for selecting either would be roughly the same).

The unread filter fulfils a different (and for me more useful) function and having one tap access to unread posts from anywhere was something I had come to lean heavily on in the previous incarnation of the forum.

Last edited:

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I added a link for unread posts. On a small phone, the links in the mobile bar may now overlap with the arrows which go to the top and bottom of the page. There isn’t much I can do about that.

ooheadsoo

Mu-43 Veteran
Font size was increased in response to requests from many members. This is one of those things where there is no compromise that will please everyone.
I suppose this means there is no "theme" option that affects the font size and spacing. That would be very nice.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom