Both Sigma Lenses 19/30 for $199

Proxygate

New to Mu-43
ordered from them couple days ago, I know B&H is closed until april 3rd but i wanted to ask you guys to see if this happened to anyone else. Have a charge on my card pending for the $226 for the lens combo but i also have another pending refund for $226 from B&H. Wondering what could be the cause of this? Only thing i can really think of is maybe they ran out and my order got cancelled? I haven't gotten an email or anything and i checked my B&H website account and says my order is pending. Anyone else have this happened to them before?

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Would you buy this if you already have the 20mm?
I'm not sure what use you'd get from the Sigma 19 if you already have the Panasonic 20mm. Not only is the P20 much smaller, it's also much faster (in terms of aperture). I suppose that the Sigma might focus ever so slightly faster, but I couldn't see it getting much use over the P20.

The Sigma 30mm is another story as that is a very different FOV compared to the 20mm.

If you order the set at this price you're not going to go far wrong. Even if you don't like the S19, you should be able to resell it for around $100.

mrjr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Would you buy this if you already have the 20mm?
Sigma 19 is quicker, quieter, and has better (closer) minimum focus distance. And it's cheaper. The Lumix 20 is smaller and is better optically. Only you can decide if the Sigma provides value to your kit.

I kinda wish Sigma notched back the FOV a bit. At their current FOV, I just find them too tight and/or awkward. I think if they were 18/28, they'd be much better cross-over lenses for M43
Yup. It's painfully obvious these lenses were designed with the APS-C crop in mind.

sinclair

Mu-43 Veteran
And now I don't have the money to get them.

Never fails. I had the money, out of stock. In stock, then no money. But I guess it's for the best, as the money ends up getting used on something more important or unexpected.

sigh

teddoman

Mu-43 Regular
I was waiting for them to go back on sale again, and now that they are, I am immediately wondering if I would be happier by just buying a 25 mm instead. The grass is always greener on the other side. :)

Bokeaji

Gonzo's Dad O.*
I was waiting for them to go back on sale again, and now that they are, I am immediately wondering if I would be happier by just buying a 25 mm instead. The grass is always greener on the other side. :)
the 25 is magical

madogvelkor

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Well, given the price you should be able to at least get your money back selling them on ebay if you decide you don't want them a few months from now. :smile:

edwardconde

Mu-43 All-Pro
Any differences from the old to the new ART series 19mm? From reading the specs the Angle of View of 73.5° is changed to 59.3°.. That looks to be the only difference aside from the cosmetic differences...

Thoughts?

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
Any differences from the old to the new ART series 19mm? From reading the specs the Angle of View of 73.5° is changed to 59.3°.. That looks to be the only difference aside from the cosmetic differences...

Thoughts?
The angle of view wouldn't change for the same lens - you're likely looking at the aps-c version with the 73 degree angle of view and the m4/3 version with the 59 degree angle of view.

From what I've read, the only change is cosmetic, and there is the new 60mm lens that is being released with the art design.

RT_Panther

Mu-43 Legend
Yup. It's painfully obvious these lenses were designed with the APS-C crop in mind.
Exactly.
I might get one of new designed ones for my NEX but I have no intentions nor desires to get one for my E-PL5.

edwardconde

Mu-43 All-Pro
The angle of view wouldn't change for the same lens - you're likely looking at the aps-c version with the 73 degree angle of view and the m4/3 version with the 59 degree angle of view.

From what I've read, the only change is cosmetic, and there is the new 60mm lens that is being released with the art design.
Here is what B&H has posted:

Old Version 19mm:
Sigma 19mm f/2.8 EX DN Lens for Olympus/ Panasonic Micro 400963

New Version 19mm:
Sigma 19mm f/2.8 DN Lens for Micro Four Thirds Cameras 40B963

New version does show a different angle of view... unless its a typo on their part...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom