Both Sigma Lenses 19/30 for $199

mrjr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
snaimpally said:
I doubt it. Both Panasonic and Olympus seem to be doing well with the cameras. Many people likely got cameras for Christmas etc. so they may be thinking that if they lower the price, more people will buy. Also, prices usually start high, and after the bulk of the design and tooling costs have been recouped, prices start dropping. The prices for the each lens had already dropped to around $129/each so for them to drop to $199 for both isn't unreasonable.

I'd really like to see Sigma and Tamron port some of their high speed lenses (f1.4) to mu43, especially with AF.
I hope you are right. It just seemed like a way to push poor-selling products, perhaps.

Maybe I should look at this optimistically: it's actually possible to sell good, inexpensive lenses even for a relatively small (compared to Canikon) system.

Sure wish I had money for the 19 right now. I'd go in with one of you guys saying you wanted the 30. Just spent too much with the OMD after having built a lens kit within the last 4 months. :S

yen800

New to Mu-43
Good thing it's backordered and I'm not in the USA. (They charge immediately if you're an international order). I would have bought two more lenses I SO MUCH NEED! not...

But both are a sweet focal length that I would happily make room for...
If you use credit card and create account they charge you when they ship...

I hope you are right. It just seemed like a way to push poor-selling products, perhaps.

Maybe I should look at this optimistically: it's actually possible to sell good, inexpensive lenses even for a relatively small (compared to Canikon) system.

Sure wish I had money for the 19 right now. I'd go in with one of you guys saying you wanted the 30. Just spent too much with the OMD after having built a lens kit within the last 4 months. :S
Don't forget that those Sigma lenses are also offered for the Sony NEX cameras. Both Sony Nex and mu43 have continued to have good sales.

There are certain economies that occur in manufacturing and so prices always start out high and drop over time. Just look at the prices of some of the Panasonic lenses - they are introduced at a high price and then, over time, drop.

I wouldn't worry about the not being able to get in on this particular deal. The 30 and 19 are individually prices at $139 right now and I expect prices will continue to drop. In addition, looks like this promotion for the 2 lenses seems to be selling well because its sold out so I would expect BH (and others) to offer it again.

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
Thanks for the link. But have you ever read a bad review from Steve [I like to use exclamation points!] Huff?
And I thought it was just me that found his excessive use of exclamation points annoying? I stopped reading anything he posted after trying to make it through a couple of his posts. Just not my cup of tea, but YMMV.

--Ken

Thanks for the link. But have you ever read a bad review from Steve [I like to use exclamation points!] Huff?
LOL! He is pretty enthusiastic about everything he uses. Still, he put up pics comparing the flare of the Sigma with the Lmuix/Leica 25mm f1.4 to show how much better the Sigma's flare is.

svtquattro

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm kicking myself now that I didn't take the opportunity at CES to try out these lenses on my camera, as they had a nice large booth and every lens they make available for testing.

These lenses seem like a great deal, but they do look a little dorky in terms of styling. Like two fat Oreo cookies. LOL. :redface:

I'd like a 30mm regardless!

mrjr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Read somewhere that the close focus distance on the 19 is ~4" from the front element (~8" from sensor). Can anyone confirm?

veereshai

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Read somewhere that the close focus distance on the 19 is ~4" from the front element (~8" from sensor). Can anyone confirm?
Got them delivered today for my nex 5n and yes that's true. The images look quite nice, will try and post a few soon. Yet to test the 30mm though.

mrjr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
veereshai said:
Got them delivered today for my nex 5n and yes that's true. The images look quite nice, will try and post a few soon. Yet to test the 30mm though.
Wow. That would be crazy nice. One of the annoyances with many of my primes is the mfd.

veereshai

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Wow. That would be crazy nice. One of the annoyances with many of my primes is the mfd.
Indeed, it's quite nice. And the AF was super quick and silent. The only issue I have with this lens is that I am not used to this FL. Came back to this FL just to see if I'd warm up to it after using it for a while.

mrjr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
veereshai said:
Indeed, it's quite nice. And the AF was super quick and silent. The only issue I have with this lens is that I am not used to this FL. Came back to this FL just to see if I'd warm up to it after using it for a while.
At least those FLs make sense on NEX. They're just weird on m43. I guess I shouldn't get too hung up on classical focal length equivalents, but it's hard to imagine where the 30 (especially) fits in.

LeoS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I was shopping on Amazon.co.jp (scored the 35-100mm for $1000!) and also saw that these two lenses sell for about $100 each.

LeoS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I don't think so. Maybe some of the 3rd party sellers do (they work similarly as amazon.com).

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom