1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Borrow Lenses 20% off used

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Christop82, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Christop82

Christop82 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2016
  2. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    On the four-thirds side, the Olympus 35-100mm f/2 ED Zuiko Four Thirds Lens is awfully tempting at about $524 after 20% discount.

And the Olympus MMF-2 Four Thirds Lens to Micro Four Thirds Camera Adapter looks cheap but they rate it only 1.1 out of 5. Wow! Someone must of really beat the crap out of it. But if it is fully functional, it is about as cheap (after discount) as the cheap chinese knock offs on ebay.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. dalto

dalto Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2016
    Texas
    Expert Rating: 1.1 out of 5
    Cosmetic (2 out of 5):Heavy wear and tear: Noticeable wear from light impacts, scuffs and the paint job is dulling, but fully functional.
    Front Element (1 out of 5): Faint scratches and internal dust, images will be affected at f/11 and above
    Rear Element (1 out of 5):Faint scratches and internal dust, images will be affected at f/11 and above

Yeah, I would say it got the crap beat out of it. :biggrin:

4. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    I wouldn't be that concerned about the damage to the front and rear elements. :D 

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Did it!

OMG, that's one big honkin' lens!

It was only rated 3.5/5, and I was a bit trepidatious about its condition, knowing rental gear gets pounded and that they probably don't sell it until they think it's too beat up to rent. I also trepidatiously got the MMF-2.

I must say, both of these arrived near mint! The lens has some scuffing on the bottom of the tripod foot, and a number scratched into the hood, but the glass looks perfect. The only sign that the MMF-2 is not new is some light marks on the contact pads where they rotated against the spring-loaded contacts in the camera.

Neither came with a case, which might be part of the down-rating. I'm looking at a LowePro Lens Case 4 on evilBay for $14 to keep it in its pristine condition.

Unless some wily BorrowLens.com employee slipped me something that was different than described, I must only conclude that their ratings are extremely conservative, and I'll certainly buy again from them! (Perhaps they'll turn loose of one of the 300/2.8 lenses they rent…)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    Congrats. That 35-100 has always been very tempting to me. Please post some photos from it soon.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.