1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

[Book] Creative EVIL Photography: Getting the Most from Your Mirrorless Camera - 9.99

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by kud0s69, Jan 16, 2015.

1. kud0s69

kud0s69 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2015
    I am a total beginner photographer. I saw this book and was interested in it. Also there is a coupon for 5$ off (BookOutletJan5) bringing it to 4.99 plus 6$ shipping.

http://bookoutlet.com/Store/Details/_/R-9781454703488B

Same book is 20.88 on Amazon.com
    http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EVIL-Photography-Getting-Mirrorless/dp/1454703482

37.35 on Amazon.ca
    http://www.amazon.ca/Creative-EVIL-...d=1421447149&sr=8-1&keywords=evil+photography

I know its not a cool refurb lens or hot camera deal, but maybe someone reading will find it useful. Or even offer advice on if its a good book or not! Reviews are low on it, but for 10 bucks shipped I will take my chances!

• Like Like x 1
  2. MadMan

MadMan Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2013
    Why this book in particular? Also, note you can actually get it for $3.99 + 3.99 ship even at amazon, if you select a different seller -- so it's cheaper buying it there than from your link.

3. kud0s69

kud0s69 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2015
    For no other reason than it was cheap. It may be horrible, but I am a total newbie and trying to learn.

I saw the other vendors ones, but this one is from Canada and from what I know a reputable dealer. I never really shop amazon outside of the stuff fulfilled and shipped by Amazon. I really don't trust the 3rd party vendors there.

Sale is over now anyhow :) 

4. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Never had a problem with vendors on Amazon... (And am one ;)  )

GX1•EP1•GF3•9mmBCL•17mm2.8•30mm2.8

5. AdamSF

AdamSF Shutterbugger

Oct 13, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    Adam
    I read other stuff by the author. He's a pretty good writer and an excellent photographer. I'd buy it if I was just starting out.

6. MadMan

MadMan Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2013
    OK, let us know how you find it, and welcome! I'm more or less still a beginner myself -- need to devote time and focus to take the next step.

7. kud0s69

kud0s69 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2015
    :)  Well being in Canada, this was just an easier option for me. I ordered 4 books and the price all in was 26 bucks. The E.V.I.L book just happened to be one that I was looking for.

8. kud0s69

kud0s69 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2015
  9. flamingfish

flamingfish Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Emily
    I don't have either of the books you mentioned, but one book that I found useful when I was first trying to wrap my head around photography was Bryan Peterson's "Understanding Exposure." (I should probably go back and re-read it, now that I have a little bit of experience.)

I'd recommend checking to see if David Busch has put out a book on the camera you have. I have his book on the E-M5, and it's a lot more user-friendly than the camera manual.

I've bought a number of photography books used through Amazon, so that's another way to save money while you build up your library. I would not recommend getting digital (or at least Kindle) versions of photography books, because seeing the images well is important. If you read on a decent size computer screen, though, it would probably be OK.

10. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
    True cheapskates get Understanding Exposure from their library.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MadMan

MadMan Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2013
    I'm a huge user of my local library, but books you might want to repeatedly refer back to and read a couple pages to remind yourself of something, and at the moment you have the question in your head, is not the most natural use of one. And I think most poeple who are invested in an m43 system would not balk at 13 bucks to own their own copy.

12. kud0s69

kud0s69 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2015
    Yeah I thought about digital copies but opted for the books instead. This book was basically 10$ shipped to my door, so it was sorta a no brainer. I will look at the unerstanding exposure book, but I haven't picked up my Tony Northrup book outside of 23 pages yet :) 

13. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    I hope you like it, sounds like it'll be great.

Though every time I see your post in here, I pause. The phrase "Evil Photography" just makes me laugh.

1659990-dr_evil.

Ha, sorry for the slight derail here. It's a slow day at work. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  14. kud0s69

kud0s69 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2015
    LOL

15. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Yep, I dunno who the acronym police work for, but someone needs to tell them something EVIL is afoot...

EM10•GX1•EP1•GF3•9mmBCL•17mm2.8•30mm2.8

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.