1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Bonjour from middle Tennessee!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by JoshuaAlan, Jun 24, 2010.

1. JoshuaAlan

JoshuaAlan New to Mu-43

Jun 24, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    I have been lurking these forums for a couple of weeks nows, and I finally decided it was time to join up so I can partake in the discussions! I am currently a double-major in college, Electronic Media Production and French. My original dream career was to be a filmmaker in France, I absolutely adore French cinema. Now, that has all been changed. Moving out on my own, I had to learn to cook for myself and keep it low-fat, I have lost 137 lbs so far! This past January, I challenged myself to start a food blog and try one new thing in the kitchen everyday, i.e. recipes, techniques, ingredients, etc. The first couple of weeks in, I tried cake decorating... before I knew it, I was selling my first cake, then another cake, then a wedding cake, then 100s of cookies, and so on. I now own my own baking business, La Boulangerie de Burgin! I absolutely love what I do, and after a meeting with Michelle Bommarito(Food Network Challenge) I decided culinary school would be my path after graduation at my current school. This fall, I will be moving to Caen, France for an entire academic year to study abroad. I will only be studying the language, but all my experiences outside the classroom will be in their cuisine! I am staying with a host family who is willing to teach me all they know about French cuisine and I have a couple orders already booked during my stay!

Alright, enough of the biography. Why am I here? I need a new camera. My Finepix Z10FD is slowly dying and no longer serves my needs. I need a camera that will allow me full control over all options, RAW shooting for post-production work, and great image quality for my upcoming travels and food photography for my blog. For a long time, I thought the only thing that would give me that option would be a dSLR(not too excited about the bulk as I am traveling through France and other countries), but then I found the E-PL1. Oh, my, goodness... Not only does it look fantastic, it has pretty much everything I want and/or need. My birthday is next week, and so is pay day, so I am buying it then! I am so excited! So, once again, bonjour and I look forward to my time here and with my E-PL!

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Joshua, I admire you for your adventurous spirit and obvious enthusiasm. Welcome to mu-43.com! Congratulations on your personal achievements and the soon to be yours E-PL1! Promise to come back and let us know how you like it. Remember, the first thing you need to do is charge the battery.:thumbup:

3. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Welcome to this board, and welcome to France too... If you love cooking and France, I can warmly recommend you check Recettes de cuisine et vins - 750 grammes ; Chef Damien is a fine cook (teaching cooking in application school too), he is very well known among the cooking blogosphere, and he is a very pleasant person in real life (he's a neighbour of my parents).

His public facebook page is here : http://www.facebook.com/lapagedechefdamien

Don't ask me further about cooking, I'm a hopeless case in a kitchen (managed to blow hard eggs last time I tried).

Cheers,

Mauve

• Like Like x 1
  4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Joshua, welcome here and in France ! Vive La France. I must give a try to mauve's recipe, thanks mauve !

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Joshua and best wishes for the coming birthday.

6. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Josh,

I'm not too far from you, down here in Huntsville, AL. Welcome to the forum!

7. JoshuaAlan

JoshuaAlan New to Mu-43

Jun 24, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Thanks for the welcomes! I just pulled the trigger on my E-PL1 w/ 14-42 mm kit lens (Slate Blue) :D I got caught up in the NEX hype... ugh! I was waiting to see if it would be worth it, but I have decided to stick with Olympus! She, the camera, will arrive tomorrow morning. I am naming her Mertyl, haha!