BOEM1 Arrives - EM-1 Arca-Swiss compatible camera plate

Clint

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Clint
I received my Really Right Stuff Arca-Swiss compatible camera plate today. Excellent fit and looks, as typical for RRS gear.

It adds about 3/8" of inch (9.5mm) of the height to the camera so is now very much like the HLD-6 landscape portion of the grip mounted on an EM-5.

I was really surprised at the height difference of the EM-5 and landscape portion of the grip compared to the EM-1. For me it just made the camera fit better and easier to hold in my hands. So now I have that same feel with the EM-1.

Since the Arca-Swiss style dovetail is wider than the EM-6 camera body there is a slight overhang yet provides a place for my pinky to rest. RRS chose to run the dovetail the entire length of the body so I can set down the camera and not have it tipping around.

The plate has a strap boss at the right side end which my new Gariz leather XS-CHLSNLB neck strap now runs through, acting as a semi sling for me to carry.

The RSS also has a center point marked on the back of the plate, so I know where the center axis of the lens is for mounting on the tripod and will help for panoramas.

tripleteamed

Mu-43 Rookie
Yes a pic would be great. I have the similar plate on my em5. I ended up drilling a hole on the other side of the plate so that I could attach a Peak Design sling on the other side. The older paste had no strap boss on either sides. I'll posted a picture a long time ago.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mu-43 mobile app

Edit: added link below to show how I added the hole for my em5.

https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=39873

twokatmew

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Margaret
^^
Thanks for sharing pics! I started with the RRS E-M5 base plate then added the grip. This is my first RRS gear, and I absolutely love it. Nice to see what the E-M1 plate looks like. :smile: I see that RRS now has pics posted of the E-M1 base plate. Still, very nice to see your shots.

mrcultureshock

Mu-43 Rookie
Does anyone know the differences between the RRS grip and the E-M5 grip by JB Designs? I know JB Designs will release an E-M1 version but I'm assuming the wondering if I should just go ahead and buy the RRS or wait for the one by JB.

Many thanks in advance!

Latest threads

Top Bottom