BOEM1 Arrives - EM-1 Arca-Swiss compatible camera plate

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Clint, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Clint

Clint Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    I received my Really Right Stuff Arca-Swiss compatible camera plate today. Excellent fit and looks, as typical for RRS gear.

It adds about 3/8" of inch (9.5mm) of the height to the camera so is now very much like the HLD-6 landscape portion of the grip mounted on an EM-5.

I was really surprised at the height difference of the EM-5 and landscape portion of the grip compared to the EM-1. For me it just made the camera fit better and easier to hold in my hands. So now I have that same feel with the EM-1.

Since the Arca-Swiss style dovetail is wider than the EM-6 camera body there is a slight overhang yet provides a place for my pinky to rest. RRS chose to run the dovetail the entire length of the body so I can set down the camera and not have it tipping around.

The plate has a strap boss at the right side end which my new Gariz leather XS-CHLSNLB neck strap now runs through, acting as a semi sling for me to carry.

The RSS also has a center point marked on the back of the plate, so I know where the center axis of the lens is for mounting on the tripod and will help for panoramas.

2. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Pic please?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

3. tripleteamed

tripleteamed Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 20, 2012
    Yes a pic would be great. I have the similar plate on my em5. I ended up drilling a hole on the other side of the plate so that I could attach a Peak Design sling on the other side. The older paste had no strap boss on either sides. I'll posted a picture a long time ago.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mu-43 mobile app

Edit: added link below to show how I added the hole for my em5.

https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=39873

4. Clint

Clint Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    Here are a few linked thumbnails.

E-M1_and_E-M5_B300009a.

E-M1_and_E-M5_B300057.

E-M1_and_E-M5_B300061a2.

E-M1_and_E-M5_B300021.

E-M1_and_E-M5_B300023a.

• Like Like x 2
  5. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    ^^
    Thanks for sharing pics! I started with the RRS E-M5 base plate then added the grip. This is my first RRS gear, and I absolutely love it. Nice to see what the E-M1 plate looks like. :smile: I see that RRS now has pics posted of the E-M1 base plate. Still, very nice to see your shots.

6. mrcultureshock

mrcultureshock Mu-43 Rookie

Does anyone know the differences between the RRS grip and the E-M5 grip by JB Designs? I know JB Designs will release an E-M1 version but I'm assuming the wondering if I should just go ahead and buy the RRS or wait for the one by JB.

Many thanks in advance!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.