Bob Marshall Wilderness in IR

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by BigSky1, Sep 7, 2015.

1. BigSky1

BigSky1 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2012
    Helena, Montana
    Got a chance to spend some time in the Bob Marshall Wilderness this past month (Yahoo). Here are a few pics shot with my EM5 and the Oly 12-40mm lens. The first three images are similar - not sure which I like the best. Numbers 4 and 5 are on the South Fork of the Flathead river. The last is Black Bear Mountain. fcr2a. fcr3a. fcr4a. sfmc1. sfmc2. sfmc3. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. gengh

gengh Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2010
    Hi BigSky1,

that looks like a stunning place to visit. I'm jealous!

You would like some suggestions, and heres mine. I hope you don't take offense, as I like your photos.

I like no 4 and 5 the best, I like the composition and the IR-effect is subtle. The clouds in the 5th image are cool.
    No 1, 2 and 3 are very similar but I like the foreground in no 2 better. Contrast in foreground is best in the 3 image.

The treeline in 4 and 5 works very well. I like how you don't let the rocks in the 4th image overlap.

The 5th photo is quite stunning, at least according to my taste:)
    In a perfect world I would have like the cloud not be cut off and the shadows in the left hand could be lifted. Maybe the clouds could be whiter, to stand out more from the trees?

I like the sky in the last picture (no 6). Your other images are stronger.
    • Like Like x 1