1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

BMPCC vs BMCC Lowlight Shootout

Discussion in 'Blackmagic Design Cameras' started by Lobbamobba, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    Quick test just for fun,
    [video=youtube;4o7xINz5nIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o7xINz5nIQ&sns=em[/video]

2. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    sweet comparison. thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  3. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Thanks, interesting comparison and well done showing the two side by side.

It does appear that the full size camera is better but that shouldn't be surprising. The light gathering ability is very similar{and impressive!} but the big cam has much better color.

What lenses were used? Lenses can have an affect on color render so it is possible that the lens caused the bad color on the Pocket Cinema footage.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    Panasonic 14/2.5 on bmpcc and Tamron 17-50/2.8 on BMCC. Both goes to f2.6 on the cameras.

5. photo_owl

photo_owl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2013
    to my eye there would seem to be a slight difference in the WB between the two, sufficient to create a small differential in exposure.

however, you have all the data and settings so would know; and it may be the lens contribution, or a number of other elements, as already suggested.

6. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    The WB was set to 4.6K in both cameras. But I Think it shows that it would be posible to match them quite Close in camera using the WB. I Think I will do Another video where I try to match them as good as I can.