BMPCC vs BMCC Lowlight Shootout

Lobbamobba

Mu-43 Veteran
Quick test just for fun,
[video=youtube;4o7xINz5nIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o7xINz5nIQ&sns=em[/video]

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thanks, interesting comparison and well done showing the two side by side.

It does appear that the full size camera is better but that shouldn't be surprising. The light gathering ability is very similar{and impressive!} but the big cam has much better color.

What lenses were used? Lenses can have an affect on color render so it is possible that the lens caused the bad color on the Pocket Cinema footage.

Lobbamobba

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks, interesting comparison and well done showing the two side by side.

It does appear that the full size camera is better but that shouldn't be surprising. The light gathering ability is very similar{and impressive!} but the big cam has much better color.

What lenses were used? Lenses can have an affect on color render so it is possible that the lens caused the bad color on the Pocket Cinema footage.
Panasonic 14/2.5 on bmpcc and Tamron 17-50/2.8 on BMCC. Both goes to f2.6 on the cameras.

photo_owl

Mu-43 Regular
to my eye there would seem to be a slight difference in the WB between the two, sufficient to create a small differential in exposure.

however, you have all the data and settings so would know; and it may be the lens contribution, or a number of other elements, as already suggested.

Lobbamobba

Mu-43 Veteran
to my eye there would seem to be a slight difference in the WB between the two, sufficient to create a small differential in exposure.

however, you have all the data and settings so would know; and it may be the lens contribution, or a number of other elements, as already suggested.
The WB was set to 4.6K in both cameras. But I Think it shows that it would be posible to match them quite Close in camera using the WB. I Think I will do Another video where I try to match them as good as I can.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom