Blurb Photo Albums

sebs_color

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Sebastian
Has anyone ever used Blurb to make a photo album or anything like that?

Thinking about using their site here soon.

Any thoughts?

-Seb

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43

jamesgehrt

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
James Gehrt
I have used Blurb for making a number of books and portfolios. Excellent quality but pricey. They are great if you are making one for yourself or as a gift. The bookmaking software is easy to use and has good templates.

Feel free to check out my Blurb page. I give a full preview of all of the books. I like the matt surface and the non dust jacket binding.

With the book "Source" I wanted to test the limits of blurb. It is a huge coffee table book, and cost me close to 300.00, but it makes a great portfolio. The customer service was fantastic too. My only complaint is the cost. Excellent for one off, mock ups or gifts.

Good luck.

flamingfish

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Emily
I haven't used it myself, but my neighbor had a set of small books done with her photographs. As James said, the quality is excellent.

Ellsass

Mu-43 Regular
I made one back in 2008. I laid out each of the pages myself in Photoshop. The print quality was great, although the glue binding in the first copy came unstuck so I had to get it replaced. Keep in mind that was 6 years ago. I’ll use them again if I ever get around to creating a book (selection, layout, text, etc).

sprocket87

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I used them for a few projects about 5 or 6 years ago. I liked it overall though the Booksmart software was pretty clunky. It may be better now. I am interested in trying out the Lightroom photobook creator that integrates/uploads straight to Blurb.

dwig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I used them for a few projects about 5 or 6 years ago. I liked it overall though the Booksmart software was pretty clunky. It may be better now. I am interested in trying out the Lightroom photobook creator that integrates/uploads straight to Blurb.

I've done 2 books with Blub and I'm quite happy with the quality of both. For both, I used LR4's built-in module rather than Blurb's old Booksmart. It seems that Blub has just upgraded their own software with the release of the new BookWright application. I haven't looked at that yet nor have I upgraded to LR5 which has some improvements to its book creation module.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom