1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Blurb Photo Albums

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by sebs_color, Jun 16, 2014.

1. sebs_color

sebs_color Mu-43 Regular

Jan 5, 2014
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Sebastian
    Has anyone ever used Blurb to make a photo album or anything like that?

Thinking about using their site here soon.

Any thoughts?

-Seb

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43

2. jamesgehrt

jamesgehrt Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2014
    Easthampton, Massachusetts
    James Gehrt
    I have used Blurb for making a number of books and portfolios. Excellent quality but pricey. They are great if you are making one for yourself or as a gift. The bookmaking software is easy to use and has good templates.

Feel free to check out my Blurb page. I give a full preview of all of the books. I like the matt surface and the non dust jacket binding.

With the book "Source" I wanted to test the limits of blurb. It is a huge coffee table book, and cost me close to 300.00, but it makes a great portfolio. The customer service was fantastic too. My only complaint is the cost. Excellent for one off, mock ups or gifts.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  3. flamingfish

flamingfish Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Emily
    I haven't used it myself, but my neighbor had a set of small books done with her photographs. As James said, the quality is excellent.

4. Ellsass

Ellsass Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2014
    I made one back in 2008. I laid out each of the pages myself in Photoshop. The print quality was great, although the glue binding in the first copy came unstuck so I had to get it replaced. Keep in mind that was 6 years ago. I’ll use them again if I ever get around to creating a book (selection, layout, text, etc).

5. sprocket87

sprocket87 Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2011
    I used them for a few projects about 5 or 6 years ago. I liked it overall though the Booksmart software was pretty clunky. It may be better now. I am interested in trying out the Lightroom photobook creator that integrates/uploads straight to Blurb.

6. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    I've done 2 books with Blub and I'm quite happy with the quality of both. For both, I used LR4's built-in module rather than Blurb's old Booksmart. It seems that Blub has just upgraded their own software with the release of the new BookWright application. I haven't looked at that yet nor have I upgraded to LR5 which has some improvements to its book creation module.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.