1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Blues Street Singing

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by KBeezie, Sep 30, 2012.

1. KBeezie

KBeezie Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
    Blues Singing from Friday afternoon on Monroe Center St near Rosa Parks Circle.

On the right is Gregory King, and Drew Pentkowski on the left. Drew is the street performer, the guy on the right happened to come by and just started singing his head off, he did this until he had to pack it up and go home, he was um very passionate about singing the blues.

This was during the 3 week Art Prize event (ends on october 7th).

500px / Photo "Blues Singing" by Karl Blessing and Blues Singing - Bronze by *KBeezie on deviantART

I also recorded a video around the time of the picture:
    [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB_j-mvk8D4]Strangers Perform Blues together - YouTube[/ame]

• Like Like x 4
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Interesting character! I don't use my cameras for video very often, but this is the type of thing that I find the video capability perfect for - spontaneous moments that otherwise would be lost. :thumbup:

3. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Wow, that's really interesting, great timing on being there to capture that!

I really love blues music myself for the rawness of it, which this certainly had a lot of being a spontaneous moment. It sure looks like it means a lot to that guy too :biggrin: