1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Blue Pier

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by AJShepherd, Feb 27, 2010.

1. AJShepherd

AJShepherd Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 22, 2010
    Went down to Brighton and as usual took some pictures of the West Pier. It's the first time I've been since they took away the wreckage of the ballroom.
    P2260763.

In post-production I changed it to monotone, applied the blue tint, and a pinhole filter, which I think makes for a much more interesting picture than the colour original. A brooding look with the dark overcast sky and the skeletal remains of the pier.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    It's an interesting image but I feel the pinhole effect is slightly to much.....
    See the bird on the left... it's key to the image as it supports the left side and brings the eyes right...he's kinda lost in the pinhole....
    my opinion but I'm stickin' with it....

3. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    I really like the contrast but agree with shooter about the strong vignette

4. Justified_Sinner

Justified_Sinner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Dauvit Alexander
    Lovely photograph. There are so many dreadful images of this pier about that it is good to see one like this. I've taken a fair few of the dreadful ones myself!
    A great shame that this has been allowed to (encouraged to?) decay like this. Sadly, other piers around the country are following suit and another marvellous aspect of British life is being lost.

5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Interesting composition - lots you could do in PP with this.

I like the silhouette of the pier.

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Brian

6. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    I like the composition... Not quite sure about the Blue tint... Nice shot overall