1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Blue Light - EP3

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by MexicoMik, Apr 13, 2012.

1. MexicoMik

MexicoMik Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2012
    After a solid month of fooling with my new EP3 I've pretty much sorted out all the stuff menu-wise and, as I said in another post, made it into a camera that I have more enjoyment with than anything since my old M6 Leica.

EXCEPT for the one, single thing that annoys me...that blue light on the top of the camera. Any way to shut it off (without turning off the camera) or to dramatically dim it (other than electrical tape)?

2. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Sharpie? Nail Polish?

3. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    I don't think they made any way to turn it off. Most people use tape, color it in with a sharpie, or use a finger :smile:

4. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I would think taping a finger on there would be messy,unhygienic and ruin the overall clean lines of the camera.:eek:

• Like Like x 3
  5. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    Ha ha ha. :tongue:

6. MexicoMik

MexicoMik Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2012
    Since I'm in Mexico I should be able to find a finger laying around somewhere from all the drug killings/beheadings. That and some duct tape... :rofl:

I tried a sharpie but it didn't make any noticeable difference. I guess a little circle of elec tape will be the "fix."

• Like Like x 2
  7. dcassat

dcassat Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2011
    Cloverdale,CA
    You people are too funny! Good Friday humor.

Dan

8. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    I use these around the house for TVs, monitors, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  9. MexicoMik

MexicoMik Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2012
    Wow - I had no idea that such things even existed! What'll they think of next?:thumbup:

10. rparmar

rparmar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Limerick, Ireland
    One of the little reasons I like my E-PL2 is that it has a small blue light instead of the whole button lighting up like a beacon. A small bit of black electrical tape covered it nicely. Been that way since the first day I owned it.

11. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Nail polish