Blown away

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Mellow, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Adoramapix was having a sale on 16x20 prints ($5 each!) so I ordered several. They just arrived today in a giant box, and wow am I blown away. All were taken with my E-PM1; one with the 14mm Panasonic, one with the 14-45mm kit zoom, and one with an adapted C-mount Navitar. All photos were RAW images adjusted and upsampled to 360 dpi in LR4.

Like many people I don't print much--occasional 8x11 prints to put on my wall, and very rarely larger. These 16x20's are HUGE, lol. The topic of the maximum usable print size from m43 comes up from time to time, and these enlargements once again demonstrate that it really shouldn't be an issue. The prints are gorgeous, and I'd challenge anyone to tell they weren't taken by a FF camera. The few people who have seen them have been stunned at the quality. Stunned I say!

Pixel-peeping's fine, and I'm as guilty of it as anyone. But, really, for the purposes of actually displaying your photos--either on a screen or as a print--the differences between the best m43 camera and the 'worst' are, IMO, very, very minor. Even the E-PM1 with its dinosaur sensor can produce beautiful large prints.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sugoi

sugoi Mu-43 Regular

May 18, 2010
    awesome. I printed a 16x20 that I took with my EPL1 at wolf camera and it turned out great as well.

3. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Thanks for this, guys. I've only gone to 11 x 14 so I will try a bigger print next time.