Blown away by the E-P1

RevBob

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
I just bought an E-P1, in part because I wanted to own what will arguably be a classic camera, in part because the price was too good to pass up. I figured it would be a nice second camera with my E-Pl1. I expected the E-Pl1 would remain my primary camera and the E-P1 would be something to experiment/play with.
Then I started using the E-P1. I am completely amazed at the difference the control wheels make as well as the additional capabilities and options. I rarely used the flash on the E-Pl1 - I bought it because I got a good price on a refurbished camera and kit lens. It is quickly becoming obvious that the E-Pl1 will be the back-up camera. I love it, but the E-P1 is simply better in so many ways (for me, at least).
I am extremely grateful that I decided to buy the E-P1, if I hadn't I would have missed out on an incredible camera. Perhaps I appreciate it more having used the E-Pl1 for a while first. I expect to have a lot of fun with both.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

WT21

Super Moderator
I found the EP1 to be a very fulfilling camera, and I only upgraded with the EP3 (which is arguably very expensive, but since my EP1 was two years old, I justified that I "resisted" the EP2, EPL1 and EPL2, lol).

Enjoy a very classic camera!

thearne3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
You're right: the E-P1 is a definitely a classic! I can't compare the E-Plx's, but the E-P1 was my first m43 and remains the primary reason why I've stayed with the P2 and now P3. Enjoy!

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I just bought an E-P1, in part because I wanted to own what will arguably be a classic camera, in part because the price was too good to pass up. I figured it would be a nice second camera with my E-Pl1. I expected the E-Pl1 would remain my primary camera and the E-P1 would be something to experiment/play with.
Then I started using the E-P1. I am completely amazed at the difference the control wheels make as well as the additional capabilities and options. I rarely used the flash on the E-Pl1 - I bought it because I got a good price on a refurbished camera and kit lens. It is quickly becoming obvious that the E-Pl1 will be the back-up camera. I love it, but the E-P1 is simply better in so many ways (for me, at least).
I am extremely grateful that I decided to buy the E-P1, if I hadn't I would have missed out on an incredible camera. Perhaps I appreciate it more having used the E-Pl1 for a while first. I expect to have a lot of fun with both.

Glad to see it has a good home. :biggrin:

BruPri

Mu-43 Regular
I sold my NEX-5 and am expecting a NEX-C3 next week. In the mean time, I pulled out my E-P1 which I've pretty much retired as it just doesn't hold a candle to the Sony. Well, just bought a Nikkor 55mm 1.2 and adapted that up to the old PEN and I must say, the Olympus still surprises now and again...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom