1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Blown away by the E-P1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RevBob, Aug 6, 2011.

1. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I just bought an E-P1, in part because I wanted to own what will arguably be a classic camera, in part because the price was too good to pass up. I figured it would be a nice second camera with my E-Pl1. I expected the E-Pl1 would remain my primary camera and the E-P1 would be something to experiment/play with.
    Then I started using the E-P1. I am completely amazed at the difference the control wheels make as well as the additional capabilities and options. I rarely used the flash on the E-Pl1 - I bought it because I got a good price on a refurbished camera and kit lens. It is quickly becoming obvious that the E-Pl1 will be the back-up camera. I love it, but the E-P1 is simply better in so many ways (for me, at least).
    I am extremely grateful that I decided to buy the E-P1, if I hadn't I would have missed out on an incredible camera. Perhaps I appreciate it more having used the E-Pl1 for a while first. I expect to have a lot of fun with both.

EmmasM43.JPG
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    TwinsM43.JPG
    HatM43.JPG
    FlowersM43.JPG
    WowM43.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Now you just need to get one of those E-P2 bodies that are on sale for $350 USD...:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  3. WT21

WT21 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I found the EP1 to be a very fulfilling camera, and I only upgraded with the EP3 (which is arguably very expensive, but since my EP1 was two years old, I justified that I "resisted" the EP2, EPL1 and EPL2, lol).

Enjoy a very classic camera!

• Like Like x 1
  4. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    You're right: the E-P1 is a definitely a classic! I can't compare the E-Plx's, but the E-P1 was my first m43 and remains the primary reason why I've stayed with the P2 and now P3. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  5. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010

Glad to see it has a good home. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  6. WT21

WT21 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I agree, and forgot to add -- those first three shots especially are great!

• Like Like x 1
  7. BruPri

BruPri Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2010
    Seattle
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.