Blown away by the E-P1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RevBob, Aug 6, 2011.

1. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I just bought an E-P1, in part because I wanted to own what will arguably be a classic camera, in part because the price was too good to pass up. I figured it would be a nice second camera with my E-Pl1. I expected the E-Pl1 would remain my primary camera and the E-P1 would be something to experiment/play with.
    Then I started using the E-P1. I am completely amazed at the difference the control wheels make as well as the additional capabilities and options. I rarely used the flash on the E-Pl1 - I bought it because I got a good price on a refurbished camera and kit lens. It is quickly becoming obvious that the E-Pl1 will be the back-up camera. I love it, but the E-P1 is simply better in so many ways (for me, at least).
    I am extremely grateful that I decided to buy the E-P1, if I hadn't I would have missed out on an incredible camera. Perhaps I appreciate it more having used the E-Pl1 for a while first. I expect to have a lot of fun with both.

EmmasM43.JPG TwinsM43.JPG HatM43.JPG FlowersM43.JPG WowM43.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Now you just need to get one of those E-P2 bodies that are on sale for $350 USD...:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I found the EP1 to be a very fulfilling camera, and I only upgraded with the EP3 (which is arguably very expensive, but since my EP1 was two years old, I justified that I "resisted" the EP2, EPL1 and EPL2, lol).

Enjoy a very classic camera!

• Like Like x 1
  4. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    You're right: the E-P1 is a definitely a classic! I can't compare the E-Plx's, but the E-P1 was my first m43 and remains the primary reason why I've stayed with the P2 and now P3. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  5. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010

Glad to see it has a good home. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  6. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I agree, and forgot to add -- those first three shots especially are great!

• Like Like x 1
  7. BruPri

BruPri Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2010
    Seattle
    I sold my NEX-5 and am expecting a NEX-C3 next week. In the mean time, I pulled out my E-P1 which I've pretty much retired as it just doesn't hold a candle to the Sony. Well, just bought a Nikkor 55mm 1.2 and adapted that up to the old PEN and I must say, the Olympus still surprises now and again...
    Russian_Sage.

• Like Like x 1