blogs comments moderation

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by mauve, Apr 16, 2010.

1. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    I noticed recently that some of my comments were put on hold awaiting moderation. Nothing wrong with that, but I nevertheless thought it stange from the people I commented on because it wasn't fitting with their habits so far.

But this morning, I had a comment on my PAD picture #33 from lisaO that was put on hold awaiting my moderation. I never asked for anything like that in my options.

Is there a creeping bug in the blogs that randomly put some comments on hold ?

2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    There could well be a problem here mauve, thanks for the report we've noticed this and I'm sure Amin will be looking into it asap.

Cheers

Brian

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks, will have a look.

4. Amin Sabet

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I haven't been able to find anything wrong or any other reports on the web of this sort of thing with t he software we're using. Have any other members experienced such a problem on their blog?

5. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Same here - I thought that there must have been some objections to what I have (may have) said - you know me - so I've stopped commenting

6. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Amin,
    Is there a limit on the amount of post allowed on the blog?
    Maybe after a certain number, moderation kicks in auto mode.

7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Bill, you know you can PM me or ask at any time if you have any concerns about anything... we try to moderate by example around here :friends:

Cheers

Brian

8. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Thanks

I don't have any concerns Brian

All I indicated was that I'm having the same experiences as Mauvre - don't know why - I'm sure that it will "work itself out"

9. Amin Sabet

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I think the culprit may have been our automatic spam moderation plugin, Akismet. I've disabled Akismet now, so please let me know if it happens again!

• Like Like x 6